The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Sally Hansen Gel Shine 3D Top Coat

Sally Hansen Gel Shine 3D Top Coat
$11.49 at CVS Greenwich
 (cheaper anywhere else)


I have completely given up on nail polish with color...love it for the first 24 hours until the chips and nicks kick in. I use the same shade, Essies Pinking Up the Pieces, week in and week out.  Exciting? No. But I can get through an entire week, with a coat of top coat or two, without looking like I worked on a sword boat.

I am blessed with nails like granite.  A few years back, I gave into the gel nail craze out of the desire to have perfect, glossy, chip free nails.  Unfortunately, they also reduced my natural nails to the thickness of rice paper.  A failed experiment that took 6 mos. to reverse.

I spotted Sally Hansen 3D Top Coat on a CVS run. Normally, I use Nailtiques Formula #2 as my Holy Grail. (Though it should be sold with a hospital mask, the Formaldehyde fumes might be fatal.)  This seemed a good idea; wouldn't it be nice to have that beautiful glossy shine, without having to bake my nails and then destroy them?


So here's the deal; they are not as glossy and I hoped, but it did add a thick layer of protection and 4 days later, I am chip free.

Review for Sally Hansen 3D Gel Shine Top Coat are decidedly mixed.  Lots of grumbles about "bubbles" that I did not experience, though now my antennae is raised that this may be an issue as this product ages...I've never made it to the end of a bottle of clear polish, have you???  Really, they should just make mini bottles and charge half the price, donchathink???

So for now, I am cautiously  recommending this product to try and I promise to amend this post with a P.S., if any problems bubble up...

xox,
DD


2 comments:

  1. Debbi, have you tried OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat, then OPI polish followed by Nail Envy for top coat? I have benefited with significantly stronger nails and I can get at least 5 but closer to 7 days out of a manicure (I am not particularly careful as far as using gloves, etc. either).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not Dawn,
    Most of the salons in the East (and stores for that matter) are pretty Essie centric!
    I will look for the top coat for sure, other friends emailed me that Essies top coat made to give a gel like shine is also stellar...all good to know!

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...