The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Review: Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks

Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks
$6.49


Did I really need to buy these???  Kind of... I have not yet abandoned my quest to perfect a classic cat eye.  I even asked one of my colleagues, Shell, the Picasso of lining, for a lesson.

Shell asked to see all the liners I had with me; two kohl pencils, an eye pencil, a liquid liner and a gel liner with a built in brush.  None past muster. Shell's favorite is a felt tip liner that is part of the Revlon ColorStay Collection. She settled, sighing with using the gel with the built in brush.

Apparently, what tutorials don't tell you about creating a cat eye, is that they are like fingerprints; no two are alike. So if you, like me have watched countless Bridget Bardot and Sophia Loren YouTube videos on how to achieve this look, you're never getting that time back.  It's all about your individual eye shape.

We practiced. A lot.  It was messy business, which we tried to make neater with  my less than pristine Q-Tips, dipped in a cap of Poland Springs.  After 15 minutes, with thoughts of conjunctivitis running through my head,  Shell was satisfied with my handiwork.

So, when I spotted Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks on a recent Bed Bath and Beyond run, I thought these might come in really handy, so I tossed them in my overflowing  cart.


Once I figured out how to use them, I must say I love them.

The sticks look like slim, clear Q-Tips, infused with Almay's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover.  Here's where it gets tricky, one side has to be "cracked" open to release the remover to the other side. Initially, I thought both sides would be viable, but once you crack it open, that side is ka-put.

The good news is, is that it all those messy slips of, liner, shadow or mascara will instantly be whisked away and because the product does not contain oil, everything that you want to stay in place does; it's far quicker and neater Q-Tips and water.

The package is small enough to slip in your handbag, if you were planning to go from day to evening and wanted to do some touch ups.

I don't know if you will need these either, but I think once you use them, like me, you will want them.

Sorry!!!

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...