The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Bare Minerals: Chase Your Dreams Marvelous Moxie Lipstick

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick
in Chase Your Dreams
$18


I love my Girlfriends, really, I do.  I am blessed with a large posse who I know, truly have my back, as well as my face and hair.  If they are calling me out, I am all ears. If you have trusted sibs or pals who have your best interest at heart, listen up! Sometimes, they are a better mirror than your own.

Case in point, I was having breakfast with my friend Monica a few weeks ago.  "Your lipstick is too dark", she admonished between bites of her eggs.  Really??? Here I thought I had finally found "the one" in MAC's Amplified Lip Cream. "Yes. You can find something with depth that's a hair softer."

I could see Monica's point, but I knew it was a tall order...I have tried lighter shades and with my large, dark eyes, I tend to look like a classic Alien sketch; all eyes and no mouth.

I stumbled upon Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Chase Your Dreams, during my newly sparked mission at Ulta. It is part of a set, but can be purchased on its own.  It is also part of a, "limited edition", two words that strike fear in my heart and kick start my hoarder gene...What if I love it??? Should I buy three???


Bare Minerals Chase Your Dreams Marvelous Moxie Lipstick is a gorgeous lipstick, for anyone whose preference is a natural, nude, rosy mauve. It also has just a glint of shimmer.  The texture is lovely. It's long wearing, but not drying and is nicely priced at $18, which is a whole lot more palatable then the upwardly creeping $30 price tag on prestige brands.

Moi, Chase Your Dreams only, sans liner and gloss

As I'm writing this, I pondering deleting the whole post. I can't prove it of course, but I have been writing about my Holy Grail Lip Liner, MAC's Soar for 8 years now.  Somewhere along the way, the Kardashian's chief makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic also discovered Soar.  Now it is perennially sold out, and I find myself buying it in bulk, whenever I'm at an International airport. Already in "limited edition", I'm hoping Chase Your Dreams remains our little secret.

After all, what are Girlfriends for???

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...