The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Mascara Lately; One to buy, one to skip, one to try


Long time DivaDebbi readers, know I am always on the hopeful quest of finding a "got it all" drugstore mascara; volume, length, clump and flake free.  Oh yes, and cheap.


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
$23

Rimmel London's Super Curler 24 Mascara
$8.99. Less anywhere besides CVS in Greenwich Ct.

I was down to the dregs of my beloved, Holy GrailToo Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and happened to be doing a CVS run. I find the whole drugstore mascara gig to be a confusing mess...not only are there a dozen brands, but each brand offers a dozen iterations of their own mascara.  Pretty much, I throw a dart.

I'm not adverse to using an eyelash curler...it's as ingrained in my routine as brushing my teeth, but I thought I'd try Rimmel's Super Curler 24.

Every time I try a new one, I'm always optimistic that I might just have found, "the one". I won't say that Rimmel's Super Curler 24 failed on that front; I could see the curl, but the formula was limp and my lashes looked thin and spidery. By the days end, my eyes were red and itchy and if I had more time between getting home and going out, I would have removed all of it and started again, which would have been a first...

Back to CVS for you...




I'm a regular reader of Lipstick, Glamour.com's internet beauty column. Naturally I stopped in my tracks when I saw the headline, "The Mascara the Internet is Obsessed with is About to Get  Even Better"

Tell me more!  Not surprising, really, my beloved Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara will be launching with a slightly tweaked brush and formulation for its soon to be released waterproof version.

Still in need of mascara, I popped into Sephora, hoping, fruitlessly, that they might have a jump on the March 1st release of Better Than Sex Waterproof to purchase. Patience is not a virtue of mine. No such luck for now, but I'm happy enough with my Holy Grail.

Can Too Faced improve on perfection?  That remains to be seen...In the interim, I'll be happy with my lovely, full fringe of lashes courtesy of the original.

One to buy, one to skip, one to try...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...