The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, September 25, 2015

Review: St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower

St.Tropez Gradual Tan in Shower
$25



When  it comes to self tanning, St. Tropez products are beloved. I recently selected a sample of St. Tropez's Gradual Tanner, with my my VIB beauty points.  I literally gagged from the scent. It did not make it on to my body.

This week I posted Allure Magazine's 2016 Beauty Award Winners. One of the categories that always piques my interest is the "beauty innovations".

Here I spotted St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower. They gave a rather lengthy scientific explanation, of how, when combined with water, the properties that cause tanning get released immediately and somehow, evenly.

Hmmmmm...
I was in Sephora today and had to inquire about it.  "What's the feedback?" I asked a sales associate.
"50-50", she replied. "Don't expect a deep instant tan.  It's very gradual. Some people have been disappointed."

Armed with this heads up, I decided to purchase it anyway...at the very least it would make for an interesting blog and their return possibly is generous.

I used it tonight as directed; shower and cleanser thoroughly, apply the St. Tropez Gradual Tan in Shower in a circular motion, (the consistency is that of a foaming gel.)  Leave it on for 3 minutes, (I cheated and did 4), rinse off and pat dry. On the plus side, the scent was barely discernable.

I didn't see or read anything that said if I could or couldn't use moisturizer apres shower.  I opted for a minimal application.  Normally, I am a slatherer, so as I type, I literally feel like my body is contracting.  I also read the Sephora reviews, which are fairly dismal, with the exception of very pale skinned users.

Here's a bit more information for those who are curious:

What it is:
An innovative self-tan lotion used in the shower to deliver a natural-looking, buildable glow. 

What it is formulated to do:
The most convenient way to tan—simply apply in shower and rinse in just three minutes. Great for all skintones and types, it delivers a natural-looking, bronze glow and extreme moisture without streaking or transferring onto clothing. It is made with a 100 percent natural DHA and infused with sweet almond oil to nourish the skin for a smooth, soft, hydrated finish. Use daily to gradually build an intense tan. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know:
For best results, use for three or more consecutive days. If you are looking to achieve a deeper tan, it’s important to not skip a day between applications since the color builds after each use. For an even darker glow, leave the lotion on your skin for up to five minutes before washing off. Apply generously as you can never over apply.

I am not expecting anything dramatic, I'm just hoping not to wake up looking like a cheetah.  Needless to say I will update you.

As anyone else tried this?  Do chime in...This is either going to be a brilliant time saver or another boomerang back to Sephora. I'm hoping for the former, but expecting the latter...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...