The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Micellar Water; What is it? And do you need it?

Bioderma Micellar Water
Europe's Leader in the Category
$19 USD

Simple' Micellar Water
$7.99

Two years ago, when I was in London visiting my dear childhood friend Nancy, she treated me to a magnificent whirlwind of cultural and culinary events, castle tours in the country side and of course our requisite shopping.

There we got down to recommending our absolute beauty must haves for each other to purchase.  I had never heard of Bioderma Micellar Water, but Nancy insisted it was one of those products that lives in the vanity of every self respecting woman in Europe and I needed it STAT. Oh-Kaaaaay...but can you tell me what it is and why I have to have it???

No.

Of course I bought it anyway.

 By definition:  
  1. Micellar water is a skincare product that removes makeup and cleanses the skin, without the need for rinsing.
It took me nearly two years to use the entire bottle, partly because I still didn't completely understand how I was supposed to be using it.. Micellar water is far too gentle to be the only thing I use to remove my make up. As a toner, it doesn't have the requisite "ping" that makes me feel like another step actually happened. Mostly, I use it on a Q-tip to correct eye make up gaffes, or to gently refresh my skin if I am reapplying makeup from day to night.

So, as I hit the tail end of my bottle, was I going to replace it?  If Bioderma was my only option, at 3 times the price, probably not.  But I was doing an Ulta run,  (I can't believe I'm stalking yet another beauty emporium besides Sephora and CVS,) and spotted Simple's Micellar Water on sale for $6. 

Too good to pass up...

Can I tell the difference between the two??? Not a chance and  I use them exactly the same way. 

How about you?  Do you use Micellar Water?  Do you need it? Is it a case of the Emperor's new clothes? Is there any there, there???

Still not a clue.

I will be visiting Nancy again at the end of October.  I'm looking forward to spending time in the country house she and her husband have lovingly built, sheep and all, but if I know my Girl, there will be a tiny "Chemist's shop", somewhere, with something, " I absolutely, must have".

And have I will...and so may you.

Xo,
DD

P.S.  Nancy's marching orders:
You are wayyyy to funny!  Soak a cotton pad with the damm stuff!  Put it on your eye.  All the eye makeup.....  Every single bit of it.  Let the soaked cotton pad do the work.  Let it sit on the eye for a minute.  Then wipe.  It will handle anything you through at it! Oh. And don't forget...no rinsing! Ditto, the face makeup. 



I love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...