The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, August 8, 2015

ELF Studio Baked Eye Shadow Trios

ELF Studio Baked Eyeshadow Trios
$4.00!
Have I ever entered and exited a CVS without perusing the cosmetic aisle and leaving with a purchase???

In a word, NO...

I was down to the point where my Nailtiques #2 strengthener was as thick as sludge.  Time for a new one. I know there is formaldehyde in this product, which I don't exactly love. That smell because is permanently etched into my nasal membranes, having had to dissect a C-A-T (sorry Scoots), to fulfill my science requirements to graduate college.  One of the reasons my nails are as hard as granite, is because I use Nailtiques regularly.  There is simply no better strengthener out there; chips, splits and peeling will become a memory I promise.

But I digress...

On the way out, I saw the ELF display, a brand I have never tried. The Baked Eyeshadow Trio's caught my eye. I toiled between the 1st and 3rd palettes, settling on the slightly bronzier third one. I was looking for a way to add a bit of pop to my eye crease, without an obvious amount of color or contrast.


What a great shadow this is! Infused with good for your skin ingredients  Jojoba, Rose, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape, it applies as smoothly as my best shadows, yet costs a fraction of the price. The glitter factor is nil, just a soft wash of glow.  I use the lighter shade under my brow bone and in the corner of my eye and the darkest shade to add some definition to the outer, upper corner of my eye.

How did it hold up through a day of wear???  Brilliantly! I still cant believe my good luck.



ELF stands for Eyes Lips Face.  Oddly their website  gives no backstory, so I still know nothing about the brand.  The site, however, is filled with highly rated reviews for many bestselling products.

You best believe, I'll be trying other ELF offerings...How about you?  Have you tried ELF? Anything to recommend?  I promise to share my future ELF flip and flops. Stay tuned...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...