The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pur Minerals Volume Vixen Mascara


Pur Minerals Volume Vixen Mascara
$21

I will admit, I am an unabashed Pur Minerals fan.  I wish its distribution was a bit wider, but fortunately, the Ulta where I purchase it, is located near the best freestanding Whole Foods ever constructed. I have taken to buying my DivaDebbi Holy Grail Lip Gloss, Pur's Chateau Kisses Lip Plumping Lip Gloss in Glitzy, in two's. 

I also recently returned to using Pur Minerals Air Perfection Cushion Compact Foundation in Tan. It glides on, providing the perfect summer "faux glow", without anything getting "stuck" the way powder bronzers sometimes do.  As I noted recently, Lancome got all the bells and whistles for their newly launched Miracle Cushion Foundation, but Pur beat them to the "portable" punch by nearly a year.

Pur Minerals Air Perfection Cushion Compact Foundation

But I digress.  All of this brings me to Pur Minerals new Volume Vixen Mascara. When my friends at Tractenberg PR asked me if I wanted to sample it, I naturally responded, hell yeah "yes please."


As drugstore mascara's in the Northeast take the leap into $12 territory, I'm happy to suss out a hopefully great mascara in the sweet spot below $25...it literally makes me cringe to see mascaras heading towards $40.  I put that right in the same category as the $50 lipstick.  To my sensibility, which doesn't know a lick of frugality, it just seems foolish. Do you agree???

Drumroll please! Pur Minerals Volume Vixen Mascara is indeed a great one! The good stuff is in it and the bad stuff is not; Keratin and Parabens.  If you gently zig back and forth, from root to tip, you will achieve both volume and length in one swoop.  Added bonus? Absolutely clump free.

I wore it Saturday, at an afternoon into evening outdoor concert where temperatures neared 90 degrees. I wasn't sure what to expect when I returned home and looked in the mirror nearly 5 hours later, (no vanities in the "Call-A-Head" of course), I was delighted to see nary a smudge or flake.

One more thing to add to my Ulta list and a Rotisserie chicken while I'm at it. And you are welcome...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...