The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I'm Primed: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer


Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
3 sizes: $18, $52 $72










Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer is one of those products that women talk about it hushed whispers, irrationally, I imagine, so as not to diminish its magical powers. Of the thousands of reviews on Sephora's website, a whopping 2/3rds of their nearly 3,000 reviewers gave it 5 stars. Unheard of...

I'm not necessarily inclined to want to add another layer of stuff to my daily routine as we head into stickier weather, but if it keeps my morning application in place and minimizes touch ups, I'm game.

Frugality is not a long suit of mine, but I could just never pull the trigger on spending $52 on a primer. Fortune smiled on me during a recent Sephora run, when I spotted Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer in their new $18 travel size pump. This was too much to resist.
For those of you have tried other primers, this is a very different breed.  The texture is like liquid silk. Because it is so thin, it applies quickly and not much is needed to conquer your whole face.  It brightens the face and its a bit of protection with SPF 15, indeed setting a nice "canvas" for anything you want to put on top of it. No makeup types, might be happy to use it alone over a moisturizer and serum.

I tried a new foundation yesterday, (yes, you will have to wait for it.) Now it's harder to discern, if my skin would have appeared as  flawless, dewy, yet matte in all the right places without Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. To boot, it was long day, topped with a strenuous workout.  I caught a glimpse of myself and actually, wondered, "who is that Girl???"

Naturally, I no longer want to wear my new foundation without the primer, so as of this telling, I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg...

Here's more about Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, from Sephora's website:
What it is:
A mineral-based, water-resistant primer with SPF 15 that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth, uniform canvas for flawless makeup application.

What it does:
This clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Veil Mineral Primer also absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Veil Mineral Primer is formulated with naturally derived titanium dioxide and zinc oxide instead of chemical sun-blocking agents. This water-resistant primer is also 100 percent free of fragrance, oil, and gluten.

Beloved products often spore groups devoted to finding cheap and cheerful "dupes". The one that continuously popped up is NYX Angel Veil. NYX is known for their inexpensive, effective cosmetics, so I was surprised that 1 oz, was for them, a whopping $20.



If I hadn't come across the jr.size version of Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, I probably would have tried this instead. For nearly the same price, I'm getting 2/3rd's less product, but if it's 2/3rd's better, it may just be worth it...

Do let me know if you've tried it. If it's equally effective, cheap and cheerful works for me...


xox,
DD






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...