The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, May 31, 2015

CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara

CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara
$6.89 (ish)




An odd thing occurred...I ran out of mascara. Stranger still, I had no back ups in my stash.  Any of them...

Greenwich Avenue on a sunny Saturday, (Ok, even rainy ones), has become too trying to navigate. People jockey for parking spaces with nerves of steel.  My Sephora/CVS run would have to wait, (happily, they are neighbors, a delightful convenience.)

Then I remembered the behemoth CVS that was built in an office park, nearby, with its own lot!  That would do... 

I hadn't a clue which mascara I was going to purchase.  I find it incredibly overwhelming. Most brands have at least a dozen incarnations of their fuller, thicker, longer, fiber filled, lash blasting mascara...and that does not  even include the waterproof versions.

Maddening. Do you agree???

I have long dreamed of finding a truly great mascara, one that could become my cheap and cheerful Holy Grail. With all this choice, wouldn't it make sense that at least one could equal their pricey, upscale competitors? Yet so often they disappoint and then I boomerang right back to Sephora.

I chose CoverGirl's new Super Sizer Mascara.  I didn't throw a dart, it just kind of called to me. Alright, maybe it was the promise of 400 times the volume that sealed the deal.

The brush is unique.  "Brush", is really a misnomer, since it doesn't have bristles.  The wand is super slim and flexible and the sense is more of combing your lashes (remember those?).  The advantage is that it coats every lash beautifully, even the tiny ones in the inner corners. I suggest using a really light hand and as they recommend, wriggling it through your lashes from base to tip.

I always use a lash primer, which thickens and preps, while acting like a first coat.  I was amazed to see every lash, cleanly addressed and a long, full fringe of lashes emerge.

Can it be???

This is a very, very nice product! After a full day of wear, in humid weather, I had nary a flake or speck.
I went on CG's website, to check Super Sizer's reviews and they were stellar. (There are, BTW, 31 different CoverGrirl mascaras!) It also washed off easily...no tugging on delicate lashes, which I appreciate.

I usually give products a much longer go, before reviewing, but I think I may be on to something really promising, maybe even DivaDebbi Holy Grail worthy, so I couldn't wait to share it with you.

Fingers crossed and do let me know if you love it as much as I do...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...