The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Maybelline Master Kajal Liner

Maybelline Master Kajal Line
$8.99



I decided to change up my eye make up routine. My new look is minimal shadow, less mascara and bolder liner. Somehow, it's looking fresher to me.  The only glitch has been trying to get the liner down.

What's the point of simplifying if the technique is forcing me to waste precious time in the clean up department???

Smashbox pot gel eyeliner was a slippery foe. The cap on Eyeko's Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, fell off in my makeup bag 3 nights in a row.  If there is anything left in there, it's no where to be found. Rimmel ScandalEyes Gel Eyeliner had a very dry texture that "skipped" in spots as I tried to apply it. I searched CVS for an old Almay standby, a waterproof gel pencil, but I think it's been retired to the beauty graveyard.

What's a Girl to do?

I find the only time I actually sit and read a glossy these days is when I'm having my nails done.  I have never been able to resist picking up a copy of Allure and often finding myself snapping pictures of products that would otherwise be forgotten before my nails finished their first drying cycle.

I noted that Revlon's Creative Director Gucci Westman is a fan of Kajal liners (and for a more intense smoldering look, recommends applying liquid liner over it.) Why not do a second run through of CVS, since it was only steps away to pick one up?

The first one I spotted was Maybelline's Master Kajal Liner. Yes, a few red flags went up when I read that it never needs to be sharpened, as long as one "rotates it applying it on it's side",  but I was not to be deterred.

I LOVE how easy it is to apply! One and done!!! It glides on, wings easily, doesn't skip and didn't fade a bit after over 12 hours of wear. For those who like to line their upper or lower 'waterline' Master Kajal can be used there as well.  So why do I seem to be the only person on the planet who is raving about it?

I'm always curious to see what others say about the products I love and loathe, so I will read countless reviews on various sites.  Pretty much, Maybelline Master Kajal Liner has been routinely panned--even on Maybelline's own website (props for not white washing the reviews must be paid)

I did however find a rave on Into the Gloss, one of my daily beauty reads.  When it comes to influencers, their beauty cred is indisputable, so I felt a bit redeemed. 

I dunno Girls, I think I'm on to something.  Maybe I'll feel differently after attempting to recreate the point with a pick ax, but for now, I'm a happy camper.

Stay tuned...

xox,
DD  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...