The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Kat Burki Hand Therapy: Your hands circa 2005


My "Girls" Holiday Lunch at the Delamar Hotel Greenwich



Back in December, I hosted a luncheon for a bunch of my favorite clients.  My "Girls", as I like to think of them, are my loyal lovelies, who have relied on me as their Personal Shopper/Stylist from the time our children were in diapers, to my most recent friend, who just relocated back to Greenwich.

Divine...all!

Sweetly, many arrived with hostess gifts, pour moi-unnecessary, of course...the point of the lunch was to offer my thanks to them.

One of the things I received was Kat Burki's Hand Therapy, a delectable cream, that I swear, has taken 10 years off my hands!  Apparently, I'm not the only one having a lovefest with it...W Magazine chose is as their "Best Hand Cream of 2014".

An impressive get, for sure.

Kat Burki Hand Therapy
$42

I had one problem...who to thank.  Somehow the card enclosure and my Kat Burki Hand Therapy got separated.  As I practically sat on the tube to expel the very last drop of my tube, I contemplated sending out a group email so I could identify my thoughtful gifter and find out where it was purchased.

Ironically, a day or so later, my friend Susan, who is both a dear client and blog follower, had an appointment with me at Richards to take a look at what's new for Spring.  "BTW", she inquired, "how did you like the Kat Burki Hand Therapy?"

Mystery solved!!!

I told her how much I loved it and that I recently even took the time to answer a query on a beauty site asking, "what's the best hand cream you've ever used?", to tout it.  Susan purchase Kat Burki products from Space NK in New Canaan, Ct.  I had the feeling that this might be a special, niche brand and had already inquired about it at the Space NK shop at Bloomingdales in White Plains.  I was told that they were familiar with the brand, thought it was terrific and recommended I purchase it in the NY store.

Well, love I do, but that's what the Internet is for, no?  I ended up buying it from the Dermstore, who always thrill me with their super speedy shipping. Within a day or so, my therapy was back in hand, smoothing, plump and fading flaws.

For those who might like to know the ingredients, here's a snippet from Kat Burki's website:

4.4 oz.
HOW TO USE:
Massage into skin until fully absorbed.
INGREDIENTS:
KB5 Herb Blend (Arnica, Gotu Kola, Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile), Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Plant Derived), Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Stearic Acid (Plant Derived), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm) Oil, Natural Fragrance, Decyl Glucoside (plant derived), Glyceryl Caprylate (Natural Preservative), Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide (pH Modifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative, less than 1%), Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Extract (Natural Preservative).

Sounds almost tasty...doesn't it???

So there, you have it.  My pick for the best hand cream on the planet.  Look for it on my Best of Beauty 2015 list, since it has already earned a spot.

Oh, and should I mention I have dabbed it under my eyes???  More than a few times. Nothing to lose but a crow foot or two...

xox,
DD





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...