The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Glow Getters: A primer from Totalbeauty



Long time DivaDebbi readers know I am all about the glow.  I am also a TotalBeauty Blogger and a fan of their website, reviews and beauty editorials.  For me, it's a a daily must read.  One of today's features was on how to get and maintain glowing skin.

Naturally, I couldn't pass this up.

Basically, it all boils down to one thing; acids.  I have used glycolic pads and peels religiously on my face, neck and hands for the last 8 years, and routinely use Neutrogena's  Pink Grapefruit Body Wash, (actually intended for acne),  which contains salicylic acid, because our bodies are sadly neglected by cosmetics companies.

What I learned today is that there are actually other acids, and they are best used for specific skin types.

Who knew???




Azeleic Acid is best used for Rosacea. Tartaric Acid for mature skin.  Malic Acid for sensitive skin. Tartaric Acid for mature skin and for those who would consider a seriously strong at home peel, Peter Thomas Roth is now offering a 40% Triple Acid Peel that contains Trichloracetic Acid.  Remarkably, this even gives me pause.  I think I will wait and read the review on this one...

For those of you who would like to see the link, with product suggestions, please click here to see  Katie McCarthy's excellent roundup.

No excuses--there is a peel for every skin type. Now get glowing...

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...