The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner
$32

I have been trying to break my addiction to gel pot liners that require a steady hand and a well coiffed brush.  I thought I succeeded when I happened upon Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner not long ago.

It glided on beautifully and cleverly, self sharpened each time you twisted the cap off.  I was smitten.  I do jump around a bit, so I probably didn't use it everyday, so imagine my shock, when I discovered the twist/sharpen feature was not malfunctioning; I was simply out of product waaaay too soon.  I even had an associate at Sephora eyeball it for me...

Yup. No more liner to eyeball. So naturally, I was moving on.

I decided to try my luck with some really high end eye . Maybe the secret to a liner that glides without tugging, stays put and lasts required is a hefty bump in price.

Chanel's Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner seemed to fit the bill nicely.  It comes in an eyeopening 18 shades to start with, so just whittling down to my favorites took some time.  Silicone enhanced, the glide factor was fantastic.

I made the mistake of sampling while I already had existing liner on, so 'black shimmer' looked like it would be just right; depth without Sargent Benson (nee Mariska Hargitay) harshness.  When I tried it the next day solo, I already knew I had erred, simply not enough color to define my eyes.  By 11:00 am I looked like I just rolled out of bed.

I went back and exchanged it for "Noir Intense"...the name says it all.  Why is it that the sales associate seemed less joyful about seeing me this time?  I'm such an easy mark...surely she missed an opportunity to sell me something, anything else in addition.  After all; it wasn't coming back, it was merely an even exchange.

Oh well. Her loss.

Unfortunately, I don't think Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner is all that. For starters, it smudges quite a bit.  It also loses impact and requires touching up, something I never feel I need to do, even with cheap and cheerful offerings like Almay's which I have purchased maybe a zillion times.

I feel a bit cheated.  It definitely does not live up to its claims but if it's anything like my short lived Smashbox experience, I won't be suffering long.

You've been warned advised...

xox,
DD

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...