The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, December 27, 2013

Review: Dr. Brandt DNA Transforming Pearl Serum

Dr. Brandt DNA Transforming Pearl Serum
$150 (Gulp)

Every now and then, I can't resist buying some insanely priced anti-aging potion, in sheer hope that it will truly be the fountain of youth on tap. The cleverly named DNA Transforming Pearl Serum is and acronym for "Do Not Age"--big props to the marketing gurus who hatched this little ditty.

DNA Transforming Pearl Serum has been on my radar. It is supposedly a daily do for none other than Madonna and it won a More Magazine Award for a favorite of the many products a group of lucky readers got to test drive.

When I saw that Dr. Brandt was running a 40% off Black Friday sale after Thanksgiving + free shipping, I caved.  Here is how the product is described on Sephora's website:

What it is: 
A breakthrough antiaging serum powered by patented duo pearl technology and Juvenescence Complex. 

What it is formulated to do: 
Each application of this revolutionary serum delivers the right dose of fresh ingredients through the duo pearl delivery system. It supports cell respiration and encourages skin metabolism to address the visible signs of aging and minimize the appearance of roughness and wrinkles for younger, more radiant looking skin. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT: 
- Parabens 
- Phthalates 

Research results: 
In a 30 day self assessment study: 
- 88% of volunteers felt their skin was more lifted after 1 day 
- 96% of volunteers reported that their skin looked firmer after 1 week 
- 92% of volunteers reported that the appearance of lines and wrinkles has diminished after 1 month

I have been using Dr. Brandt DNA Transforming Pears Serum for a little over three weeks.  It looks pretty, does not require a lot of product to cover the entire face and has no discernible smell. It should last for many months.

The good news kind of ends there...

I have seen no difference in firmness, glow or diminished wrinkles.  Don't get me wrong, my skin looks fine.  It just doesn't look finer so to speak.  I see no improvement whatsoever.

Naturally, at this price, I'm sticking with it, until I need to scoop the remains out with a Q-tip.
Of course I will keep you updated if there is a sudden turnaround.

As of this writing I'd say DNA should stand for DNB.

I'll leave it to you to figure out...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...