The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, October 14, 2013

Shine Un: Sephora Acne-Fighting Mattifying Moisturizer

Sephora Acne-Fighting Mattifying Moisturizer
$18
In my teens, my skin was somewhat oily.  It drove me nuts, but I consoled myself by knowing that my oily skin would probably be an asset as I aged.

Smart kid...

In my twenties and thirties, it was more of a T-zone issue, controlled with prodigious amounts of powder, particularly during the humid summer months.

Once I hit my forties, it became an, "excuse me while I powder my nose" only issue and it has remained that way ever since.

Now, however, I find myself adverse to powder altogether, even bronzers. I find them to be both dull and aging so I sought another solution to manage my sometimes shiny nose...and I wanted it to be cost effective.
By sheer luck, Sephora had a display of Mattifying lotions to choose from. The only glitch was that the least expensive price point was $38, much more than I had in mind. I explained my beauty dilemma to one of their advisers and she suggested I try Sephora's own Acne-Fighting Mattifying Moisturizer, which was $18. 

Sold.

I have been using it every morning on the top and sides of my nose after cleansing and moisturizing everywhere else. It appears white, but dries clear.  

Results???  It works like a charm for my purposes, leaving my nose oil free from dawn til dusk.  I would imagine as well, that it would be a great all over moisturizer for those with predominantly oily, acne prone skin.

Here is a bit more about Sephora's Acne-Fighting Mattifying Moisturizer:

 What it is:
A daily moisturizer with a matte finish that removes excess oil and calms the complexion. 

What it is formulated to do:
Fight the appearance of breakouts while minimizing excess oil on the skin’s surface with this daily moisturizer. Perfect for combination to oily skin types, this formula contains salicylic acid to visibly smooth acne. The lightweight texture also visibly reduces the size of pores and provides all-day moisture with HydroSenn+™. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens 

What else you need to know:
This formula has been dermatologically tested and is non-comedogenic. 

Research results:
According to a scientific test on 10 volunteers 2 hours after initial application, 100% of participants reported their skin was moisturized. 

According to a consumer test on 58 female volunteers: 
- 79% reported mattified skin all-day long 
- 93% reported refined skin texture 
- 95% reported clear skin 

According to a 28-day scientific test on 21 volunteers: 
- 90% reported blemishes less visible 
- 90% reported a reduction in the number of blemishes 
- 90% reported unclogged pores

This was the first time I have ever tried a Sephora skin care product and I must say, both the efficacy and price are impressive.

Shine un...

xox,
DD


1 comment:

  1. what a stunning audit! I have never tried tinted moisturisers, I recently finalized my example of that stuff also and I cherished it. I generally feel a decent cream is one of the best speculations the extent that wonderfulness items go..
    Skin moisturizers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...