The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, October 4, 2013

Review: NYX Are you DeprEYEved Lash Serum

NYX Cosmetics Are you DeprEYEved Lash Serum,
Brow Serum,  Eyeliner,  and Mascara


Well, that's kind of a dopey name, donchathink???   NYX's attempt at pithy product name fell flat, but I'm not unhappy with the results I have achieved in just 2 short weeks, nor the reasonable price.

Here's what has happened of late on my lash journey: After two years of using SmartLash, I suddenly reached a plateau.   I had decided to take a chance on Peter Thomas Roth's Lashes to Die For Platinum, when I saw it packaged in miniature at Sephora for $25.  I had heard great things about this lash serum, but was reticent to fork over $125.  I went through two of them in one month and was pleased to see significant growth. So far so good...

Just when I was ready to consider biting the bullet on the full size version, it was pulled from the shelves.  I had heard that it was because Lashes to Die For Platinum contained some of the active ingredient in Latisse, an off label lash growth product that is offered by prescription because it is meant to treat Glaucoma. That would explain the rave reviews. 

Undeterred, I purchased it on Amazon, and hoped that it was a tube originally conceived in 2009.  Fortunately, it did work and I was able to use one tube for over four months.  I was curious to see if Lashes To Die For Platinum was reformulated and back in business.


Indeed, it is newly reformulated, with a new name; Turbo Nighttime Eyelash Treatment and a much more palatable price, $85. Food for thought.

I recently blogged about my discovery of a well priced, fast growing, well rated cosmetic line called NYX at Ulta.  About two weeks ago, while  there, I noticed they have a line of lash and brow enhancement treatments.  

Ulta has a liberal return policy, so with a $24 price tag, I decided to give Are You DeprEYEved Full Lash Serum a whirl.  Two weeks later, I can definitely see fuller thicker lashes, with zero irritation.

Worth a try???  I sure think so...so far, all gain, no pain.

xox,
DD

1 comment:

  1. I love NYX products!! This will definitely go on my must have list for my next Ulta trip!!
    xoxo
    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...