The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happiness Always Eluded Her

Happiness Always Eluded Her

Happiness Always Eluded Her by divadebbi 



I saw this beautiful Frida Kahlo painting an a recent issue of Mexican Vogue.  I was unfamiliar with it entirely.

Like her own life, which was rife with pain, as a result of a traffic accident that shattered most of her body and pierced her uterus, it could not be separated from her work.

Her tumultuous marriage to the great Diego Rivera was also a source of her angst.

She did however, enjoy acclaim during her life.  In 1939, the Louvre purchased a painting she loaned for exhibit, giving her the honor of being the first Mexican artist to be purchased by the Louvre. 

Frida Kahlo died at 47, after a year of serious illness.  It is not known whether or not it was a result of an accidental overdose of pain medication as an autopsy was never performed.

I wrote in closing of my Polyvore description for this set: "such beauty and talent. I'm sorry her life wasn't more joyful".

As it turns out, she herself said in her diary days before she died, "I hope the exit is more joyful.  I hope not to return- Frida"

I hope it was and then she found happiness thereafter...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...