The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara

Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara
$6.59


I made a "quick" stop into Bed, Bath & Beyond on Sunday for a new broom and a hamper.

Ha!!!

As if that were possible... Has anyone ever walked out of their with less than 20 items?  I seriously doubt it.

Like a magnet, I found myself drawn to there beauty supply area, which has grown enormously over the years.  I don't think anyone, overall, can beat their prices. Though less convenient, everything is $2-$4 less than what I pay for it at CVS.

I am perennially on the hunt for a great, cheap mascara and while I am often disappointed, I never give up trying.  One day I am going to find the blue ribbon winner (and if you have one to put in the running, I beseech you to let me know.)

It's dizzying how many 'brands' are offered within existing lines.  Maybelline has close to 10.  Throw a dart and I ended up with Mega Plush Volum' Express.  Is Mega Plush getting pinned or panned???
Sadly, panned.  The entire brush, including the stem is flexible.  Personally, I prefer mine with more backbone.  There was nothing either "Plush" or "Mega" about the gel mousse formula or how anemic my lashes after two full coats.

I have my receipt and I am considering returning it, but I may get off cheaper if I give it away rather than gracing Bed Bath and Beyond's doors again anytime soon.  After all, I missed the shampoo aisle...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...