The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Fake Bake 60 Minutes Self Tanning Liquid

Fake Bake 60 Minutes Self Tanning Liquid
$31.99
I may have given up the sun finally but I will never give up looking for the perfect "Fake Bake".  Pale and pasty just aint my thang.

Fake Bake, the company has a complete line of both self and instant (wash off) tanners for all skin types. Fake baking is their sole focus and as such, they are one of the best in the business.

One of my favorite products is their Tanning Body Butter ($20.99.)  Though intended for the body, I use this rich, chocolaty, whipped self tanner on my face.  In fact, I apply it nightly after all my lotions and potions and apply it with a clean disposable sponge applicator. Infused with Shea butter and smelling vaguely of coconut, it's one of the more pleasant self tanners I've ever used.

I read so many product launches and reviews, that I could have sworn I read about a self tanner that you apply, shower off, and voila (!), emerge flawlessly bronzed.

I happily agreed to sample 60 Minutes Self Tanning Liquid when I heard it was a "shower off" product.  I wasn't completely prepared for the labor involved, but I was game to give it a go.
Nicely, Fake Bake always includes all the necessary accouterments with their products; in this case a spongy mitt and a pair of black gloves that looked like remnants from the O.J. Simpson trial.



You do indeed get to rinse this product off in the shower, but depending on the intensity you are looking for your "tan", you will be leaving it on from one to three hours (more is not recommended.)

It doesn't exactly glide on, but the product is tinted, so at least you can see exactly where it's going. Like all Fake Bake products, the smell is neutral enough not to offend.  

Since I thought I was simply applying and showering, my day didn't allow for me to brew for more than hour.  I rinsed cleanly, patted dry and moisturized.  I am fairly sure that my color continued to develop as the day went on. 

My "tan" was completely uniform and natural looking and it lived up to it's promise of a 60 minute tan. If you are some one who splurges on spray tans, this is an easy to use at home option that provides great results at a fraction of the cost of a single tan.

In reality, the 60 second tan is already here... Fake Bake's instant  Golden Faux Glo Shimmer will only last until your next shower, but if your really time pressed, pale or pasty, meet your new best friend...

I have.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...