The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Are you Finished?: Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer Finishing Spray


Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer Micro Finishing Spray
$38
 



Last week was, (pray God,) unseasonably warm in the Northeast. I save all my weather complaining for the Winter---you can't have it both ways, but my hair woes are another story.
I have noticed of late that all of the hairsprays I have tried have been leaving my hair with a dull finish...not pretty. I need the control, particularly with some of the flyaways that drive me mad, but still want hair that looks reasonably shiny.

On my last visit to Warren Tricomi in Greenwich, I queried several of their hair pros about my dull dilemma. Their conclusion was unanimous: "ditch the hair spray, finish your blow out with Finishing Spray instead."
Their recommendation? "The absolute best" "the only one I would ever use" and "the one I use myself", Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer Micro Finishing Spray.
"Fabulous! Do you sell it?"
"Of course."
Done... Almost. Seeing SUSLMFS on the shelf also sparked a few neurons. I checked my beauty notes and indeed, this was an Allure Editor's pick that I had made a notation about.

My notes indicated that it was "good for all hair types, pleasant smelling and doesn't leave the hair, tacky or scrunchy". Just for good measure, I asked to sample it before purchasing it. $38 is more than I have ever paid for a spray, albeit "finishing" or "hair".

Nevertheless if it lived up to its promises, a couple of months of good hair days would easily amortize the price with daily use...

I liked the clean smell and appreciate the super fine mist. It locked my style and flyaways in place, but I could still run my fingers through it.

Sold.

Last week, despite the heat and humidity my hair looked normal, dare I say 'finished'. I didn't experience any tacky buildup and while I wouldn't describe it as shiny with all that humidity, it also didn't look dull.

A winner.

Fini.

xox,
DD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...