The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Act III: The BB Cream Wars

Garnier's BB Cream and CVS copycat Version
$12.99 vs. $9.99A

Last June, I had an epiphany.  When I first gave up the sun a few years back, I fretted about my too pale legs. My solution was to use Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs, a waterproof leg spray on leg makeup.

It effectively did the job on my legs but unfortunately tanned my grout in the process...messy business.

My epiphany was to use Garnier's BB Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector on my legs.  To their credit, they scooped in on the BB cream mania that had swept Europe and were one of the first to bring it quite successfully to the U.S. market.

Here's what I said in what is still one of my "most popular posts":

Why not try my Garnier BB Cream on my legs???  It is, after all, not exactly makeup.  May I immodestly say stroking this on my legs was a stroke of genius?

Not only did my legs now have a healthy tan appearance, but imperfections seemingly vanished.  The surge of moisture and SPF protection were an added bonus.  

So Girls, you heard it here first...Act II for the beauty industry is going to beBB Cream's for the Body.

Try it and pass it on!  It's nice to be ahead of the curve...

It sure was...I still use it to this day. Which brings me to Act III: CVS' version of Garnier's BB Cream.  It is almost 30% less expensive and contains 20% more product.  I weighed the pros and cons and decided to try it...the package is nearly identical so perhaps the product would be too...

Here's the good news, it may even be better.  The color is quite similar and it glides on easily.  The only discernible difference is that the CVS version has a bit more coverage.  I used it last night on bare legs with flats and a fairly short dress.  

I was fairly amazed at how flawless my legs looked.  Of all the places my years of teen tanning took its toll, my legs sustained the most damage. Wowza!

Naturally, this morning I had to try it on my face.  I'm not quite use to this much coverage, but the flip side was that flawless thing it did for my legs looked even better on my face.

I have now tried at least a dozen BB creams and failed with 2 "CC" Creams, both good brands that had the consistency of pudding and chalky coverage.

The Garnier peeps are probably a wee cranky with the folks at CVS.  I can understand that...but I'm not.

xo,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...