The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Virtual Makeovers: Try It On at Rimmel London

My "Virtual Makeover"
I'm wearing Medium-Dark BB Cream, Light Medium Match Perfection Blush
and Sundance Bronzer




OMG, I LOVE this amazing "app" Rimmel London has added to their website.  It gives you the opportunity to "try makeup on before buying it". You can then share your photos and if you wish save a copy of what products you are wearing.  Brill.

Simply upload a picture of yourself and click on different shades of foundation, lipstick, BB creams, bronzers and blush.  If I was 12, I would probably be cutting school on Monday and playing with my virtual makeup all day.

I received some Rimmel London products from my friends at Tractenberg P.R. this week.  I have long been a Rimmel fan and have purchased it on my own as well as receiving samples.  I think they do an outstanding job of marrying fashion, quality and price.  It is definitely one of my favorite drugstore brands.


Rimmel London BB Cream
$5.99

I'm still intrigued and obsessed with BB and CC creams (I have yet to try a CC cream or really discern the difference, which is described as "Color Correcting". Truly the only color correcting I need is from pale and tired looking to lightly tanned and rested.

  • Rimmel London's BB Cream bills itself as a 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup that: 
  • Primes,
  • Moisturizes 
  • Minimizes pores
  • Conceals
  • Smoothes
  • Mattifies
  • Brightens
  • Protects (with SPF 25)


I'm crazy about it!  It comes in three shades, Light, Medium and Medium-Dark.  I asked to sample the Medium-Dark, which for me is a dream come true, since I often buy both Medium and Dark shades to blend...this was my perfect "twofer". As you can see from the after photo above, the color looks natural and flattering. This is a highly pigmented BB cream that acts almost as a foundation.  If you are looking for a bit more coverage from a BB cream, you will adore this.






Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush
$5.79
I am also mightily impressed with this blush.  If  you swirl all three colors in the palette together with a fluffy brush, they transform a soft, natural looking flush.  I did try the lightest shade, on its own, as a highlighter on my upper cheekbones.  It worked nicely.

Rimmel London Natural Bronzer
$5.99

Rimmel London's Natural Bronzer is one of the highest rated Bronzing Powders on TotalBeauty's website.   Women love it because it's not too shiny, not too orange, as good lasting power and is a whopping value.

I liked it because it isn't dry, matte or streaky.  A dusting gives me just the right amount of color.  I have been shying away from powder bronzer, because I felt like it was finding its way into fine lines, but this floats above them. My inclination is still to use a bit of gel, but as the weather and humidity heats up, I may be using this Waterproof proof bronzer with SPF 15 frequently.

Great fun. Great products. Great technology.

It's all good great...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...