The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: Tarte Bronze & Glow Matte Bronzer and Cheek Tint

Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronze and Glow
$32

We are back from vacation and I'm settled into my rhythm, so I promise to catch you up on all the latest products I've tried, for good or for bad...

I am usually really thorough about doing two sweeps through any hotel room before checking out...now I know that has to extend to the bathroom...

I never travel without my beloved Clarisonic Mia and this time was no exception. Somehow, we managed to get parted. I mentioned my frustration to a few friends, who suggested I call the hotel to see if they could send it.  Because I'm a bit neurotic, all I could picture was the housekeeping staff giving my Mia a whirl in la toilette as a cleaning tool---uh, no thanks.

To Sephora I travelled and naturally I didn't leave with just a new Mia. ( I really, really tried to stay out of the sun, but even after all I do to eradicate past damage, I still succumbed, at least with SPF 30, sunglasses and a hat--mostly.) Somehow just a bit of color makes whatever makeup you have been using all winter long look all wrong. Plus, the longer I'm home, the tanner I get, after engaging all my 'fake bake' skills.

My love affair with Tarte Cosmetics continues.  I am still mad for their BB Cream, which I reviewed a few weeks back.  It's more matte than I was used to, but oh how flawless you will look!   Sister Loren and other friends are texting grateful thanks daily.

Their new blush, with the adorable name Park Avenue Princess had me at hello...

The blush is a gorgeous, luminous peachy pink tint, that glides on with a ball like tip.  Use your fingertips to blend, stand back and admire your youthful flush.  Loved the texture, loved the color, loved the glow.  Sold!

It wasn't until I got home that I realized this wasn't just a blush, but a two-in-one product that includes a matte tinted bronzer.  Oh joy!!!  The bronzer is a little darker than my medium Tarte BB Cream, which was exactly what I needed.  It's somewhat sheer so if you prefer, can easily be layered over foundation or a BB or CC cream, (DD, EE and FF are no doubt in someone's pipeline.)

I'm already in panic mode that I'm going to run through the blush faster than the bronzer.  It is lighter than my usual blush shades and I do tend to layer it.  With any luck, it will morph into a solo product...forever.

For those of you who like the details, here is how Bronze and Glow Matte Bronzer and Cheek Tint is describe on Tarte's website:

An innovative 2-in-1 matte bronzer and cheek tint in park ave princess. Transform into a glowing, bronze goddess with tarte’s new bronze & glow™ matte bronzer & cheek tint.
Product Performance: This innovative 2-in-1 complexion enhancer in tarte’s signature park ave princess shade will give you the perfect balance of a sunkissed bronze and a natural flush. Apply the weightless, mousse bronzer over foundation or smooth onto bare skin for an all-over matte radiance. Using the convenient blush tip, invigorate your complexion by applying the tint directly to cheeks and blending with fingertips for a subtle peachy pink glow. By fusing two products into one, the recyclable component prevents the waste of potentially useful materials, making it the most eco-friendly and convenient bronzer and blush choice for the tartelette on the go.
Powered By: Amazonian clay & maracuja oil. Maracuja oil instantly absorbs into the skin, delivering a high dose of essential fatty acids and vitamin C to hydrate the skin while imparting a beautiful pop of sheer color.  Amazonian clay acts as a total skin balancer, by hydrating all skin types, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, improving clarity and texture, and removing surface oil to mattify skin for a soft focus and flawless finish.

Check, check, check.  I will attest to it all.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Tarte and for those who love the brand like I do, check out the fabulous sale they are having on their website:



I'm so excited that I have already found my go-to product for the summer.  All we need is for Spring to arrive first...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...