The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: Kate Sommerville 360 Body Tanning Towelettes

Kate Sommerville 360 Body Tanning Towelettes
8 Pack $48/ 16 Pack $75
It's a good thing I rarely watch the programming hours that QVC devotes to beauty. I find them both mind numbing and fascinating.  I am awed by the hosts ability to banter with unbridled enthusiasm for hours on end.  It's also fun to watch the rivalry for air time that ensues between the guest and the host as they talk over one another vying for pitch time.

And then of course, I want to buy everything.

I have long been a fan of Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads for the Body;  in fact, they have earned 'Holy Grail' status with me.  They are not inexpensive, but I used one towelette per week and it maintains a nice light glow all over my body, year round.

Kate Sommerville's 360 Body Tanning Towelettes have been on my radar for quite sometime. On the night that I tuned in Kate herself said she uses them regularly, and appeared to have a healthy tan that was neither deep or orangey.

They also demonstrated them on several models of different ages and skin tones.  Everybody looked sun kissed and marvelous.  Since I only had one Alpha Beta Peel Pad left, I made a mental note to pick them up at Sephora when I returned from vacation, hoping they would maintain some of my hard earned glow.

Here is how I prepare to self tan:   I always exfoliate first in the shower and then dry myself completely.  I then use the towelette on my face and body and go over any area that excess product might creep into; knees, elbows, eyebrows etc...with an old washcloth so those area won't appear darker. Then I apply moisturizer, which I do think helps to cut down on streaks. Lastly scrub your hands thoroughly and give yourself at least 10 minutes before dressing.

I used my Kate Sommerville 360 Tanning Towelettes for the first time today.  The concept of essentially using a wet nap, in a circular motion is not easily achieved, yet that is what is directed on virtually all the tanning towelettes I've tried.

When I felt that it was not going well, potentially leading to streaks, I used my hands instead to distribute the product in a circular motion.

Happily, Kate Sommerville 360 Body Tanning Towelettes have no discernible smell. They are Paraben free and the DHA, the ingredient that darkens skin, works with your own Amino Acids to create a natural looking tan. Other ingredients included Tea tree and cucumber extracts.

I finished up and went about my day, not even thinking to check my progress.  Later when I was in exercise class, I did a double take when I saw myself...my very nicely tanned self.

Very, very impressive!  The reviews are also stellar.  I will be interested in seeing whether or not I get a weeks worth of wear out of my tan.  I promise to update you.

In the interim, I'm going to enjoy my enhanced glow.  One part real, two parts faux.
It's all good...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...