The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What Ever Happened to Sweet Baby Jane???



Well, she was alive and well on Saturday...

(For those of you who don't know What Ever Happened to Sweet Baby Jane is a 1960's cult horror film, starring real live rivals Bette Davis and Joan Crawford.  Baby Jane, played to camp perfection by Bette Davis, is a former child star who tortures and torments her sister Blanche.  Blanche was the prettier and more popular of the two in their 20's. A car accident after a glittering party keeps Blanche wheel chair bound and in the throes of Jane's evil clutches.)

I was in CVS last week, which is never a onesie, twosie proposition.  I spied a small tube of DermaSilk's 90 Second Eye Lift, that could later be purchased and later redeemed for a $5.00 off the product above,  Just for the fun of it, I popped it into my bulging  red basket.

Then came the blizzard of 2013, where I got to spend a blissful 32 hours in my jammies.  By mid-afternoon Saturday, I officially had cabin fever. When my husband suggested going out to lunch and to see Side Effects, (FAB btw...), I rallied.

My husband would make a magnificent Firefighter.  The man can literally be dressed for any occasion, including Black Tie, in under 2 minutes.  His patience for my lotions, potions, maquillage and blow dryer time is nothing but admirable, but this time we needed to chop chop. Not a good time to give DermaSilk's 90 Second Eye Lift a test drive, but who knew???

I applied a tiny amount of 90 Second Eye Lift to clean, dry skin and let it dry for what seemed like a minute and a half, before applying moisturizer and some Too Faced BB Cream.  I slapped on some blush, liner and lipstick and applied some mascara in the car.  Good 'nuf...or so I thought.

When we returned home about 5 hours later, I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Quelle horreur!!!!

My previously uncrepey under eye area had turned to papier mache.. They do warn that too much application can result in a white residue, (nuh-huh), that can tamped down with a damp cloth. It can be and it looked even better after I added some Murad Active Radiance Serum.

OMG!  I'm not sure what this says about my marriage, that my husband either did not notice, or did not mention how scary I looked.  Either way he is a fabulous sport and I am grateful for his blindness kindness.

You've been warned Blanche... Oh and Happy Valentine's Day Darling.  You are the true Saint.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...