The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review: Tanee Tan Line Corrector Pen

$5.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond
Everyday, I receive dozens of email from P.R. firms   and I have some of whom, after 5 years of blogging, I have wonderful relationships with.

Some of the pitches I receive, however, are outlandish but I do understand everyone has a job to do.  If the product is only marginally beauty related, or of no interest, there is a very easy solution...delete.

When I received a reach out about Tanee, a, "Tan Line Corrector Pen", I was initially amused. When I thought about for a minute, I realized its ingenious potential...I think we all know from experience, that trying to fill in strap marks with self tanner when you are going to be donning a strapless gown, is an epic fail.

I told my Account Executive Ariel at Corbin-Hillman Communications that I would consider writing about the Tanee Pen if I could sample one.

It arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to give it a test drive...
When you uncap the Tanee Pen it resembles a Sharpie. The last time I was in the sun was in November, during my extended stay in Florida during Hurricane Sandy. My tan has faded, but I do self tan enough to still be able to see a lot of contrast in the bust and decollete area, so I immediately got to work.

The color is very dense and it immediately colors your skin a rich tan shade wherever you apply it.  I was curious how quickly it would dry so I rubbed an old white tee shirt over the area I applied it just a few minutes later--Na Da! No transference whatsoever.  

Tanee works.

Naturally, I started thinking about all the other ways to use a Tanee Pen.  I imagined all the tricks those  'Self Tanning Air-Brush to the Stars Technicians' use to chisel cheekbones and create six pack abs and was tempted to start doodling, but we know I'm a hair mad.

Tanee has enough product in one pen, "for a full season". It is reasonably priced at $5.99 and is available at Bed Bath & Beyond and Drugstore.com.

I think it will be a smash with teens and women in their twenties who are still too young to know better than to stay out of the sun and with women who are extremely careful, but still get sun while gardening or playing tennis.

Ingenious indeed...now why didn't I think of that???

xox
DD



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...