The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: Smashbox Full Exposure and Tarte's Lash Primer

$19.50



I received a perfect Hostess gift from my friend Cindy this past Christmas.  It was a sampler of Sephora's top selling mascaras, cleverly called, "Lash Stash."  It included several of my favorites and some I had never tried, including Smashbox Full Exposure.

My sister Loren has fallen madly in love with an Urban Decay' Big Fatty mascara.  She texted me yesterday to find out why I hadn't purchased it yet.

I would have, but I'm still working my way through my Lash Stash.  Right now I am using Smashbox Full Exposure.

Here is how it is described:
What it is:
A volumizing and lengthening mascara.

What it does:
Inspired by Smashbox's on-set technique of layering fiber mascara over volumizing mascara for the biggest, longest lashes on camera, Full Exposure Mascara creates a 104% increase in lash volume for scene-stealing lashes at every angle without smudging, clumping, or flaking.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
This formula contains the natural properties of olive oil to keep lashes silky soft. A combination of synthetic and natural waxes creates softer and flexible coverage and keeps lashes from becoming brittle.

Here is how I describe it:

A solid, "8".  My lashes look full and thick and I find the slightly over sized brush  manageable. I read some reviews that claimed it was too, "wet", but I didn't find that to be the case.

My lashes did, however, look spectacular when I coated them from root to tip with Tarte's Lash Primer first. My favorite part about lash primers, is that you can slap them on with abandon and essentially, they act as your first coat.

Tarte's Lash Primer
$22


Tarte's Lash Primer was included in my Lash Stash.  It's a fabulous product.  Will I purchase it when my sample runs out??? I guess that depends on how well my sister's pick from Big Fatty works out.

Stay primed...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...