The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Review: CeraVe Renewing SA Cream

CeraVe Renewing SA Cream
$22

I am always on the hunt for fabulous anti-aging creams for the body. There are literally thousand of lotions and potion for our faces.  The body however, lags sadly behind. Yes, there are some high end body creams that are infused with Retinol, cermides and vitamins, but they are pricey. If you go through body moisturizer as quickly as I do, it quickly becomes unfeasible for the long haul.

When I received a reach-out about CeraVe, a product I had not heard of, I quickly scanned the ingredients listed on the press release...As soon as I spied, " salicylic and hyaluronic acids, I asked to sample it.

My friends and readers often email me with their new favorite finds. By pure coincidence, my old NYC roommate Lori emailed me to to say she was using a new face cream at night called CeraVe and she absolutely loved it.  I asked if it came in a big white tub, because I had just started using it on my body.  It didn't.

I researched it a bit and found out that CeraVe Renewing SA Cream is not a single product, but one of eight moisturizers and two cleansers:


PRODUCT LINE: The CeraVe® line of skincare products from Valeant Consumer Products, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC, developed with dermatologists for skin types that may require or desire non-irritating¹ cleansing and hydration. Most of the CeraVe® formulations were created utilizing patented Multivescular Emulsion or MVE®* technology. MVE® consists of a controlled and steady release of various ingredients over time allowing skin to be hydrated longer and more efficiently with one application. The CeraVe® line is non-comedogenic and free of fragrances, propylene glycol and detergents which can compromise, irritate or aggravate the skin.


I have been using CeraVe Renewing SA Cream after bathing for about three weeks now.  I see a distinct difference in my skin, particularly areas that are starting to make me nuts, like the skin above my knees.  My skin is smoother, more even toned and plumper looking.  Even my hands looks younger. Here is how it is described:

NEW CeraVe® Renewing SA Cream helps repair and restore extremely dry, rough, bumpy skin. Developed with its signature salicylic acid (SA), ammonium lactate, ceramide, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin D formula, CeraVe® Renewing SA Cream also includes niacinamide, which has been clinically shown to help the skin produce ceramides and fatty acids essential for barrier repair and may help reduce skin redness. With its thicker, heavier formulation, salicylic acid and ammonium lactate loosen and exfoliate dead skin cells, allowing moisturizing ingredients, via MVE® technology, to penetrate deeply into the skin for enhanced effective-ness. CeraVe® Renewing SA Cream is non-comedogenic, non-irritating, and fragrance-free and absorbs quickly into the skin, never leaving skin feeling greasy.


It is also available in an 8 oz. renewing lotion, which I might also try in the Spring. For now, the heavier consistency of the cream is melting into my skin and keeping it supple during the colder months.

Available at drugstores, Walmart, the Dermstore and Drugstore.com, this is a new Holy Grail product for me and I will be purchasing it on my own, without breaking my piggy bank.

I highly recommend you try CeraVe Renewing SA Cream and I feel optimistic, that their entire line of products will deliver quality, promising results that are budget friendly.

A win-win. :) :)

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...