The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation
1 oz. $55
Devotees of Le Touche Eclat Concealer, (and they are legion) have long waited for YSL to create a foundation to complement it.

I too was quite smitten with Touche Eclat concealer. It's housed in a sleek gold pen, and with a simple click, the built in brush deposits just the right amount of product. It does a fine job of covering dark circles, diffusing fine lines and subtly highlighting.  I thought it was a Holy Grail product for me, until I noticed that I frequently looked like I had the dreaded "raccoon" eye in photos.

At that time, "Touche" only came in 3 shades. At $40 a pop, I was not going to invest in mixing two shades, so we parted ways. Today, it's available in 12 shades and I am sure that anyone would be able to find their perfect shade, myself included.

All of this brings me to Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation, which was generously sampled for me by Tyshon at Sephora in Greenwich.  I so appreciate that they are always willing to supply samples so you can try product on clean, make up free skin at home. It takes away all of the guess work and in this case, I realized the lighter shade that Tyshon had recommended was indeed the right one for me.

So, did it live up to all the hype???
Not for me.  It is extremely lightweight and provides minimal to no coverage. I'm sure it could be layered, but that is not what I want from a foundation.  It is also infused with a shimmer that when used all over creates more wattage than what I think most women want.

I did sample a deeper shade, that I am using over my Garnier Beauty Balm cream. When used in the same places you would apply bronzer, forehead, nose, chin and cheeks, it looks luminous and lovely.  Would I purchase it for this purpose?

No.

Might I revisit Touche concealer, with Tyshon's eye?

Yes.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...