The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's the Poop? Have you had a bird dung facial yet?


Emily Berl for The New York Times
Amanda Darbenzio of Manhattan gets a Geisha Facial at Shizuka New York Day Spa. Its secret weapon: bird dung.
I've often wondered what my beauty tipping point is; is there anything so extreme or grotesque, that for the sake of vanity and rewinding the clock, I wouldn't venture?  Up until now, I've been game for mostly anything. Game over.

I will vainly admit that the Fashion and Style section of the N.Y. Times on Thursday and Sunday are the first thing I will read on those given days.  Thursday's Style section also focuses on beauty, which I take delight in reading. Normally...

Todays section included article about women receiving treatments and buying products with bird and earthworm dung as the primary beautifying ingredient. Even Sephora will be getting into the act. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/05/fashion/fertilizer-for-the-face-beauty-industry-turns-to-animal-secretions-and-droppings-for-ingredients.html?ref=fashion).

I think even Cleopatra would have thumbed her nose up on this trend.  And I will too-- that is until I hear it's working wonders...

xox,
DD





2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. you know, I wouldn't go for it either, but chances are that they'll disguise the name here in North America, no? In which case, I'll probably be the first to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Henna!
    LOL! You and me both.

    xo
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...