The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Review: Nexxus Pro-Mend Hair Care

Nexxus Pro-Mend System

I like Nexxus hair products.  They do what they say they will.  I received a sampling of four products from their new Pro-Mend collection which targets and repairs split ends.

When I was a kid, I used to search for split ends like an Archaeologist.  If I did luck out and find one, split into a wish-bone like "Y", I immediately separated it, like a Surgeon.  This may have had something to do with my Mother regularly trimming our hair, with a scissor that lived in our "junk" drawer. This was her best swipe at being a Hairdresser.

Either way, this generous four pack lay idle, simply because I no longer  have split ends.  What I developed, however, much to my dismay, is broken hair. Primarily, it is broken near the front of my part.  Despite my attempts to tame them with lotions, gels and hair spray, they seem to have a life of their own.

It occurred to me, that Pro-Mend Split End Binding system, might be just what I needed.

A few weeks back, I admitted to using Nexxus' Frizz-Defy "system", in a ad-hoc fashion that didn't allow for maximum benefits. I promised myself I would not do that again and likened it to baking a cake without key ingredients, (not that that could ever happen mind you...I would never bake a cake), but you get my drift.

I do like to read reviews, from a wide berth of sources and I must say, Pro-Mender's love these products.

I took my first step first, and knowing that I would be washing my hair in the morning,  and applied a quarter size application of Pro-Mend  OvernightTreatment Creme throughout my hair, concentrating on the ends, (as directed.)  As reported, there was no messy residue on my pillow cases and my hair felt conditioned in the morning.

I then shampooed, (with a pile of sweet smelling creamy lather) and conditioned my hair (with a scooch less product, since I still had used the Leave-In treatment). I towel dried my hair and used a nickel sized amount  of Pro-Mend Targeted Leave-In Treatment Creme, (again following directions).  After drying my hair, I used a touch more Leave-In Treatment Creme on the very damaged areas, (also allowed).

Results:  Superb!


Despite the rain and humidity, my hair was lush, thick and bouncy.  The damaged areas were smoothed, and I didn't once think about using Krazy Glue, as I do most mornings.

Do I have a favorite?  No. I have two.  Shipwrecked on a desert island, I would be happiest to have the Leave-In and Overnight Treatments, but I am newly humbled rule follower...

Imagine the possibilities.

xox,
DD



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...