The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, May 28, 2012

Frownies Eye Gels: Something to smile about


Frownies Eye Gel Patches- $29.99


Frownies, a 100+ year family run beauty company, is a familiar name to many.  Long before Botox, Hollywood's elite used Frownies Facial Patches to still the muscles from contracting into furrows while they slept. Today, they are still popular with women looking to reduce wrinkles and fine lines naturally.

The fourth generation is now spear heading the business and have added new products to the Frownies brand. I received the following product from my friends at BeautyStat to test:

Anti-aging Under Eye and Eye Lid Gel Patches:


Anti-wrinkle treatment for puffy bags under the eyes contains powerful anti-oxidants that help protect your skin. With one 30 minute anti-aging treatment 100% of women testing Frownies eye gels saw a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and dark circles.


I thought that to be a pretty hefty claim! When I realized I was going to be able to try them without having to lie still for 30 minutes, like cucumber slices, I was immediately game to see if they worked.


How Eye Gels Work:

The weight of the anti-wrinkle patch smooths the under eye area and protects the integrity of the acid mantle and skin. Frownies Eye Gels promote beauty and provide antioxidants to fight free radical damage. Natural ingredients help improve the appearance of the skin.

How to use:

The combination of Frownies' wrinkle treatment Eye Gel Patch and Immune Shield active vitamin E serum, will help improve the appearance of fine lines, dark spots and discoloration. Use your first set of Eye Gels three night in a row, then use them once a week for best results. Just before applying make-up for a special event is a good time to do a 30 minute treatment as well. (keep Gels moist with Rose Water between usage)


It sounded simple enough, and it was. I cleansed  thoroughly my under eye area and applied the Under Eye Gel Patches gently.  They stayed in place perfectly, while I spent the time cleaning out my fridge. They felt cool and comfortable.

30 minutes later I removed them gingerly to see my big reveal.  Too my own amazement, my under eye circles were significantly lighter and the skin was hydrated and smooth.

Wowza.

How To Store:

Gently remove the patch and place back in the eye patch tray. Re-wet the patch in the tray with FROWNIES Rose Water Toner Hydrator to extend the life of the patch, place it in a sealed plastic bag and put in the refrigerator to use again.

I followed the storage to directions to the letter and popped them back in my clean fridge.

I did not use them three nights in a row as directed, but I did use them on three other occasions that I wanted to look particularly fresh and well rested for.  I would whole heartily recommend them as a simple and effective beauty treatment to be used before a special event, after a tough night or anytime you just need a pick me up.

My Eye Gel Pads are ready and waiting...right next to the cucumbers.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...