The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, April 13, 2012

Does Nexxus Frizz Defy Defy Frizz?- Round Two

I have already reviewed Nexxus Frizz Defy, but in truth, I felt a little guilty about doing a half baked job...Nexxus Frizz Defy, infused with Moroccan and Argon oils, claims to dissipate frizz by 87%, but only when used as a system. 

When I tested it recently on a trip to Florida, the only product I hauled with me was a slim spray vile of Frizz Protection.  Left at home was Frizz Defy Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling Cream and Hairspray.

Truth be told, if I was baking a cake, would it come out as well without say the eggs, sugar or baking powder? Likely, not.  My results in fairly high humidity were not stellar, but I was impressed with the smoothness and shine when I tried Frizz Defy Frizz Protection back at home.


I have been a Nexxus fan for a very long time.  Humectress was my first foray into better hair care in my twenties.  I remember being blown away by how my hair felt reborn by thiis moisturizing formula.

 In fairness, I really felt that I should try all of the Frizz Defy products I received, as intended, to properly judge the results.  So here is the blow by blow of my step by step:

I washed my hair on Thursday morning. (I have to admit, that after using a no-suds Kerastase shampoo/conditioner, it felt decadent and delicious to whip up a full head of lather...now this is what clean feels like).  I then followed up my Frizz Defy Shampoo with Frizz Defy Conditioner, Frizz Protection and rubbed the Styling Cream on my ends.

Granted, we are far from the throes of summer humidity, but I have extremely thick hair and plenty of natural wave and I can tell just by tugging, how effective an anti-frizz product is...happily, I knew I was onto something good.  My hair dried very quickly, with minimal pulling and was shiny, straight and manageable, right off the bat.

I finished as instructed, with Frizz Defy Hairspray, misting 12-14 inches away.  My hair dried beautifully and looked good all day through working and working out.  After sleeping on it,  I had none of the tell-tale curliness I often have underneath my top layers in the morning.  It took just a couple of minutes to get it looking straight and refreshed.

There is no Brazilian on the horizon for me this summer, (but every year I am sorely tempted), in the interim, I am pretty sure I have found a healthier way to defy frizz, and a more cost effective one too.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...