The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, December 16, 2011

L'Oreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara: Buy or Bag?


I promised you an update on my experience with  L'Oreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara.
Though I swore I had found my Holy Grail with Benefits They're Real Mascara, I couldn't resist trying L'Oreal's version of YSL's Faux Cils, particularly tempting when it came in a penny shy of $10 bucks.

I mentioned reading the reviews at Makeup Alley and read a mixed bag from raves to rages with most settling in somewhere around the middle.  I tried it on clean lashes, with an open mind.  One thing I have learned a long the way is first impressions are just that---you can't really judge a product until you see how it wears...

L'Oreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara has  a long slender brush, which I will take any day over the supersized turkey leg variety.  It has a "dry" consistency which I will also take over glop that leaves me with a fan of 6 lashes, 3 on each eye.  My first thoughts were positive, as I could see a distinct fullness, that bordered on "fluffy".  What I did miss was the rich, glossy black finish that They're Real real provides.
My lashes almost appeared to be an ashy, charcoal grey...what's that all about?

I then went about my uber busy day, (which as a Personal Shopper gets even more uber during the Holidays, as you can imagine).  At some point, I looked in the mirror and was disconcerted to see little charcoal bits of flotsam and jetsam, hovering in the hollows under my eyes, or more prescisely,  false fibers.

Ugh.  So not a look I enjoy.

I gave it two more chances to see if any of my impressions or results differed.

They didn't.  If a rage was 1 lipstick on the Makeup Alley scale and the middle was 3, I guess I would rate it a 2 and sum it up with a "meh".

Buy or Bag???  For this one I'd have to say, "Bag" or in my own case, "Return".

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...