The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Holy Grail Alert!!!: Dr. Jart's Beauty Balm is the BOMB!



DR. JART PARTNERS WITH RICHARD CHAI AS ITS SKINCARE SPONSOR FOR NEW YORK FASHION WEEK:
Before hitting the makeup chair, male and female models were treated to expert application of Dr. Jart’s hero product, the Beauty Balm. Depending on the model’s skin needs, seasoned makeup artist Jonathan Young used Dr. Jart’s Premium Beauty Balm or Water Fuse Beauty Balm to moisturize, and soothe damaged skin. The result: radiant skin that is primed for makeup application.

I received this P.R. alert and was instantly intrigued.  Would I be interested in learning more about  Dr. Jart's Beauty Balm and sampling it??? You betcha.
The beauty balms, better known as BB creams, is an “entire skincare regimen in one tube” and is regarded as Asia’s “wonder” beauty product. The BB cream works as a moisturizer, sunscreen and treatment serum while hiding uneven skin tone so well that it minimizes the need for foundation or concealer. It also works to protect skin from harsh environmental factors and serves as an ideal primer for makeup application.
Currently, Dr. Jart has two types of Beauty Balms available – the Premium ($39- SPF 45) and the Water Fuse version ($32-SPF 25).
Back stage at Richard Chai Spring 2011

I chose the Water Fuse version since I am already using some premium day creams and thought that the Water Fuse would be the better way to go. I think I chose well...

Oh-My-God!!!

I am blown away by this product.  No makeup types will go bananas.  For some, this will literally be one stop shopping- moisturizer, primer, SPF, treatment, and foundation in ONE TUBE.  You can literally look porcelain doll flawless.  Lines plump, pores disappear, skin tone is perfectly even...whose skin is that??? I wondered.

Here's the challenge:  It has a pale ashey cast.  Though it does oxidize and blend into your skin in a few moments, Girls like me, who fake bake nightly and prefer a slightly bronzey glow will be challenged.

The solution was to mix Dr. Jart's Beauty Balm in my palm with By Terry Expert Light Bronzer (which is a tad orangey)  and voila, The Balm is the Bomb.

Dr. Jart's Beauty Balm (in both formulations) is very highly rated at Sephora. (I always like to see how others way in on my pick's and pan's).  I think it would also be amazing to travel with!

September is always my busiest month of the year. Between back to school preperation, my clients needing to be wardrobed for Fall, Fashion Week, Blogging and social and family obligations.  I am wiped, but I snapped this picture to show you the results of my new BFF Dr. Jart's Beauty Balm:

I can't help but imagine the possibilities with a few nights of good sleep under my belt!

I am dying to know what you think if you have tried it or to hear your feedback after you do!  I haven't been this excited about a beauty product since last week, kidding!-- in a looong time!

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...