The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

THE Beauty Event: Neiman Marcus Fall 2011


It's amazing how quickly we crave a deep Bordeaux nail, as soon as the calendar hits September, isn't it?  When it comes to wardrobing for the Fall, everything counts.  You can't possibly think about wearing the rich shades of autumn without fine tuning your makeup and abandoning your summer shades.  I also always crave a new fragrance and always hope, that something new will smell as good on my wrist in 2 hours as it did when I first spritzed it at the counter and I think I have found a winner!!!  I have test driven Jimmy Choo for two days now and it is wearing spectacularly!  I strongly recommend you take a good whiff...Bottega Veneta was a very close second).

Every year Neiman Marcus does an amazing job with their Beauty Event (September 8th-18th in store, through the 19th online) and this year does not disappoint.  I was invited to preview some of the gorgeous gifts with purchase at my local Neiman Marcus at the Westchester Mall in White Plains, N.Y.  Some of the stellar gifts on view were from Sicily, Chanel, Le Metier De Beaute, Trish McEvoy, Laura MercierClinique and Bobbi Brown to name just a few. Smartly, tables were set up with product suggestions by age groups, to simplify decision making.  In addition,  with your purchase of $100 worth of cosmetics or fragrance, you can have your choice of a great looking Fall tote, filled with premium samples.

What's not to love???!!!


Two of my favorite Beauty Blogs are written by friends Kari, who writes Fab Over Forty and Charleston Girl of Best Things in Beauty (they are daily must reads)!  Both  are devoted fans of  Le Metier De Beaute and their rave reviews have long peaked my interest.  Naturally I bee lined to their counter to experience this special collection of makeup and skin care, ( only available only at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman).

I had the pleasure of meeting the adorable Jenny Alves, Regional Artist for Le Metier De Beaute,(914-428-2000), who enthusiastically educated me about what makes this line so special...One of the things that  I found most striking was what it does not contain; lead (who knew)? and parabens and what it does; active retinol and Vitamins C and E. Net net???  It's both pure and potent and one of the few lines that gives you the opportunity to combine high grade anti-aging treatment  in your foundation. 

Why not just look beautiful, but get beautiful each morning???

Jenny told me it is, "very rare" not to hear back from a client who samples their Peau Vierge Tinted Anti-Aging Complexe.  They promise, "visible results within 7 days as Peau Vierge helps to stimulate collagen production, increase blood flow, smooth fine lines, blur blemishes, reduce redness and tighten pores".
"Women do see the difference", Jenny said. "Yes, it's not inexpensive, but you get to put your best face forward each day with Peau Vierge.  It's worth it"!!!

O.K. Jenny.  Today was day two ... I can't wait to see how my day and night cream samples worked too. (They are clinically proven to be 24x more effective in delivering Retinol deep within the skin).

I have the feeling we will be chatting soon...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...