The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"I'm Done"!!! Do you hear me Andy Cohen???

One of my guilty pleasures has been Bravo's Real Housewife franchise. I got hooked on the original O.C. series in its second season, when "real" girls like Jeanna, Tammi and Laurie, actually interacted as friends and supported one another. O.C. was followed by Atlanta, N.Y., N.J., D.C., Beverly Hills and Miami.

My inner snob did not embrace any of the fauxsocialites other than the N.Y. and B.H. casts.  Despite departures, new faces, cancellation, and escalated  bickering and hair pulling I still endured.

So what made me play the "I'm Done" card???

The two part R.H.O.N.Y season four finale.  Three hours of vitriol, name calling, outing, screeching, backstabbing, denying, accusing, berating and insulting.  WHO ARE THESE WOMEN???

No one I would ever be friends with....

Yes, I get it.  It's Reality T.V. and most of it is staged, but it no longer entertains me.  What does entertain me, is my own circle of   funny, loyal, kind, supportive, loving friends.  Do we have fall outs?  Yes, from time to time...but we keep it to ourselves, sit down for wine coffee, clear the air and then "we are done".  Not finished kaput "done", but salved and moving  forward "done". We are there for eachother through it all...the good, the bad and the ugly, because that's life and that's what friends are for.

Last week my friend Jill  (below) celebrated her Birthday with a bunch of her Gal Pal's. At a school auction, Jill had bid on and won a private Laura Mercier cocktail party at Neiman Marcus. It entitled her to invite 20 friends to have makeovers while sipping Prosecco and munching on mini crab cakes, served by some lovely eye candy.  Pretty much, this is my idea of a perfect night!


A team of Laura Mercier Makeup artists welcomed us and offered to do complete makeovers or  touch-ups with the newest products from their collection.  I asked my pretty and very talented  Regional Event Makeup Artist Bunny Clark,  to give me "Eva Langoria eyes".  Somehow when I attempt "smokey" I always end up looking like a Meth addict. This old dog was anxious to learn some new tricks and I used a hand mirror to observe Bunny's technique as she described her work.

After removing my eye makeup and  Bunny used a pinky beige eye primer to even out all the pigment on my lids.  She then applied  Laura Mercier's new Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa, (which is,"absolutely waterproof"), over and under my eye, after lining the top and bottom with  black liner. She then surprised me by also using black liner "very close to the root" on the upper and lower "water line".   Her finishing touch was mascara which she "wriggles" from root to tip and then goes back and covers the top of the lashes, also from root to tip.  With such a strong eye, she suggested keeping both my cheek and lip light and natural. Here is the result:



I likee, how about you?

When we finished  up at NM, glam and refreshed, we posed for this picture before heading out to celebrate Jill's Birthday over dinner and cake:

So Bravo, these are The REAL Housewives...and I'm sticking with 'em.

What do you think?  Are you still a fan?  Should they have "houswife term limits"?  Let me know if you are "done" too.

xox,
DD

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You are amazing :) XO Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything. However think of if you added some
    great photos or videos to give your posts more, "pop"!
    Your content is excellent but with pics and clips,
    this site could certainly be one of the greatest in its field.
    Awesome blog!
    Also visit my web page ... options trading simulator

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...