The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, July 4, 2011

And The Most Improved Award goes to:

I measure the summer in thirds; Memorial Day to July 4th is one third, with the next two months, July and August (through Labor Day) making up the remainder.  For the first time in my life, I have sworn off tanning and to my surprise, I've stuck with it...  What I have learned however, is that self tanning, apart from moisturizing,  is practically a full time job.

In 2005 Jergen's introduced Natural Glow, a mass market moisturizer pre-mixed with self tanner, It  promised a gradual "tan" with continued use and was a breakthrough hit, that literally flew off the shelves. At the time, I was still using my beloved Clarin's Self Tanning Milk, which essentially did the same thing, except that at $9.99, Natural Glow was one third  of the price .  Naturally, I ran out and bought it.

I don't think I have a particularly sensitive sense of smell, but there was something caustic about the original Natural Glow that smelled vaguely of Ajax and made my nose itch.  Oh well...

Fast forward 6 years when I spied Jergen's Natural Glow Firming for Medium -Tan skin and took a gamble on buying it.  For the last month, I have been using Nivea's Skin Firming Moisturizer,  which pledges "firmer, more toned, younger looking skin" in two weeks.  Did I see any difference???  Yes!  My knees are noticeably firmer. Is it because of the Nivea or the leg press machine I have discovered at the gym?  Impossible to know, but in case it's the former, I will continue to use "firming" products (as long as they don't give me the urge to scrub the kitchen sink with them).

What a nice surprise, that Jergen's Natural Glow Firming has one of the least offensive scents of any self tanner I have ever used.  After four days I have a nice, even caramel glow, from clavicle to toe.  I have every intention of using it for the rest of the summer and perhaps longer...I'll be keeping tabs on my elbows closely for progress and I will keep you in the loop.

Happy Fourth!!!

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...