The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just Brow-Zing....again.

Wowza! Time does fly...  I knew my eyebrows were starting to look like two hapless rectangles on my forehead, but until one second ago when I checked my blog archives, I would not have guessed it's been a year and a half since I had my brows professionally tended.  I did have an excellent experience at the Benefit Brow Bar at Bloomingdale's in White Plains and the $22 fee is unbeatable for the service your receive. Why not return???

They are busy tweezing and waxing bee's here, so you might want to consider calling to book ahead.  Popping in was fruitless and the next opening was in two days.  As I sat checking my schedule, the lovely Dahlia, who reminded me of the lovely Mad Men star, bombshell Christina Hendricks (above, who could apparently use Dahlia's services), arrived between appointments.  Could she kindly squeeze me in? Yup!  My lucky day!

As I sat in a high stool, waiting for Christina Dahlia to set up her instruments, I felt a little like she was amping up for surgery.  I appreciate how antiseptically clean everything is and I watched as she assembled dozens of tiny strips of cheesecloth and cotton swabs on long wood handles for waxing and  tweezers as sharp as a machete.  I guess she knew she really had her work cut out.  I appreciated being asked what I was looking to accomplish and reviewing with her in a hand held mirror exactly what she was going to do.

The whole  operation session took about 10 minutes and I was pleased to see how much better my brows looked and how much more open my eyes appeared.  Dahlia put on some soothing gel to calm the little bit of redness, and covered it gently with, Boing, "the heavy duty stuff" with a small, stiff brush. I then wanted to watch her apply their wax and powder so I could see how she thought my brows should look.  Years of over tweezing left me with too much space between my brows, so she used some wax and powder to extend them.  After creating more of an arch, she also suggested extending the tail a bit on both sides.  She softened it with a brow brush and added a pinky brightener under my arch.  Voila!!!   Chic and tidy.

"How often do I need to come back to maintain this"? I asked."Oh, every two to three weeks".  What?!  I was expecting to hear every two to three months!  We agreed since my brows appear to be slow growing creatures, that once a month (not year) should do me well.  I booked my appointment with Dahlia before I left, so I won't have to stress about it next month.  You can find a Benefit Brow Bar near you, by clicking on this link and going to their store locator.  They are also located in some better specialty and department stores across the country.

If you are looking to improve your appearance immediately go get your brows professionally groomed...It's cheaper than the old fix...a new lipstick.

xox,
DD

3 comments:

  1. Loved this review! It was the second time I heard good things about Benefit Brow Bar. I think I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they provide a terrific service and the set up is immaculate! Nice energy, well trained and very well priced. I don't think you can go wrong. Let me know!!!

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love,love,love the Brow Bar. Danielle usually tweezes my brows every three weeks. She is a lovely, sweet person and a master brow surgeon. I have also gotten tweezed by Dahlia, another lovely master brow surgeon. Great price for such wonderful professional service. I always make sure to tip generously.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...