The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Waxing Poetic about Bliss Poetic Waxing

I received two Do-It-Yourself goodies to sample this week, both perfectly timed for the summer.  I will review them on separate posts.  The first is Bliss's Poetic Waxing Face Strips  (which are so new they are not yet featured on Bliss's website, but are available on Sephora's. The website listed them as 20 strips for $25.  Yet yesterday,  I spied them in same size for $10 in Sephora's checkout aisle...you know the one, it's created to seduce... adorably packaged, reasonably priced mini products scream,  "BUY ME!!!  as you wait to check out. It takes every fiber of self restraint not to add something to my basket (and I'm rarely successful). Are you??? Anywho, if this review peaks your interest...I suggest you git on down and snatch them up.

I am fortunate not to have a lot of facial hair and can tend to my 'stash by either bleaching it or waxing it maybe twice a year.  I do have some blond peach fuzz near my upper jaw, but always left it alone.  It never really occurred to me to mess with it, until I saw Alex of the Real Housewives of NY being shaved at Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires.  And you???  Now Alex and I are both as smooth as baby's bums...Here's hoping I don't look like Fred Flintstone when it grows back in --- but I am jumping ahead here.
Poetic Waxing face strips are two sided mini cloths that warm as you rub them between your hands for 15-30 seconds.  It is the same concept as professional waxing except the wax is not liquid and therefore not scalding , (not to mention clean).  They could not be more simple to use:  rub them, separate the strip. place it on the spot you want to wax,  massage in the direction  of the hair growth , pull the skin taut and  then let it rip.  It is much less painful than at a Salon, and there is no redness or irritation.  I had the other side of the strip left to play with and that's when I got cheeky and decided to whisk off the peach fuzz.  It leaves a slightly tacky residue on the skin, so included is a small vile of  "azulene" oil to remove excess wax and soothe the skin.  They couldn't be anymore convenient to take on vacation or even stash in your makeup bag. Let's face it... chin hairs are like Navy Seal's, if one is going to surface, it will be when you least expect it and are completely unprepared to battle with it.  Why be unarmed?

I know Bliss also makes waxing kits for larger areas of the body I can't speak to their effectiveness, but I think for small areas with hair that is not thick or coarse, Poetic Waxing Face Strips are convenient, cost and user friendly and get their mission accomplished.  I'd definitely give them two thumbs up.

Yabba Dabba Do!

xox,
DD

3 comments:

  1. These look like they would be easy to use! I have a peach fuzz problem but am a little afraid of DIY waxing or any waxing for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Product Dr!
    I think there is nothing to fear with this product. It hurts much less than at a salon because the wax is generally very hot and often leaves redness and irritation. This is more like ripping a band aid off.

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's good to know it doesn't have redness/irritation. I usually get this when using over the counter waxing strips.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...