The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What is Your Mantra?

My life mantra is, "Don't sweat the small stuff...really don't".  Having survived a breast cancer diagnosis and the double whammy of discovering I was positive for the breast cancer gene mutation 4 years later, I have gotten a really good handle on not letting minutia and inconveniences unhinge me mentally.  I save that for the big kahuna's in life and I promise, you too would be best served by following suit.  (Hang in there Girls,  this is leading up to cellulite)!
I also am not a fan of profuse physical sweating!  I don't want to muck up my hair or have to run home and shower.  For this reason I have always preferred studio exercise.  I  work to the point exhaustion but if you look around the room, I am also the one next to thermostat, nudging it south when no one is looking.  For the last 10 years, I have been a devotee of Cindy Site's Go Figure Studio's, now 7 strong.  Go Figure is a combination of ballet, yoga, deep stretching and light weights.  It focuses on every muscle group and the goal is strong lean muscles.  It is hard work, but you are in and out in one hour and most importantly, it works.

When I fractured my foot and elbow this summer, I had to take a 6 week hiatus from exercise.  A few months ago, I received a 5 oz. tube of Avon Anew's Cellulite Slimming Treatment which I  smugly  tossed under the sink.  Despite other physical challenges in my life, the cellulite gene had apparently not dinged my DNA, thank God...or so I thought.  Apparently, over 20 years of studio exercise also factored in to my DNA....  so this was the definition of cottage cheese thighs!!!  My knees were literally buckling...

Of course I immediately went rummaging for the Avon Cellulite Slimming Treatment and stared at this latest hope in a tube, willing it to perform.  Here is how Avon Anew describes it:

Transform your legs and look good from any angle!  Dramatically reduce the visible depth and intensity of cellulite.* Women agreed look of cellulite on legs appeared reduced even when sitting with legs crossed.* 2 revolutionary formulas in one: CelluRefine Cream: rich cream designed to help reinforce skin’s structure. Smooth Suction Gel: cooling gel with tightening polymers is formulated to enhance the cream. 5 total fl. oz.  $30.00.


I couldn't put in on any faster and nicely, a little goes a long way.   A few days later, I also got the OK to resume exercising. I really didn't know if the damage could be reversed, but I had nothing to lose by massaging in the treatment after bathing everyday and getting back to class regularly.  4 weeks later, there is no evidence of the dreaded curdle.  I doubt the cellulite treatment would have worked, stand alone without Go Figure, but I also doubt  I could have reversed the damage this quickly and completely without Avon Cellulite Slimming Treatment.  For that, I'm grateful.

So in the grand scheme, did I sweat my bout with cellulite???  Yup.  Just a little...so much for mantras.  I will try and hold out next time and save my worries for the big kahuna- my butt.

xox,
DD

1 comment:

  1. I have my own battles with cellulite. I just try my best to be healthy and exercise and maybe do a treatment for it when the day comes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...