The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, September 12, 2010

An Ounce of Prevention

One of my favorite Beauty Bloggers, Christine, of 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic, recently shared a link to Prevention Magazine's 2010 Anti-Aging Beauty Award Winners,  with her readers, me included.  I was impressed with their methodology and choice of  top Dermatologist's, who objectively measured the results, than determined the winners. Here is Prevention's explanation:
"Lots of products promise to erase the signs of aging. The trick is figuring out which really deliver. Because we know how disappointing it is to buy a dud, we enlisted a team of top dermatologists to find out which new anti-agers—eye creams, day creams, night creams, peels, and more—truly help turn back time".

"Here's how it worked: Each product (35 total) was used by five women over age 40 for up to 8 weeks. A derm then analyzed their skin using equipment like the Visia Complexion Analysis machine, which shows improvement in wrinkles, spots, and pore size. One beautiful discovery: You don't have to spend big bucks to look years younger. Not only did these seven skin care stars deliver on their claims, all the winners are $50 or less. Like we said, they're real winners"!   (Here is a link so you can check them out too:  http://online.prevention.com/beauty-awards-2010/index.html).  In time, I intend to try them all.

I was not completely surprised to see that my current eye cream,  Anew Reversalist Illuminating Eye System,  won in this category.  I think it's terrific and I recommend it often.  I am frequently asked about eye creams, specifically, ones that reduce the appearance of  dark under eye circles.  I am fortunate, not to have this beauty woe to contend with and always feel badly when I come up short with suggestions.  I decided to also review past Prevention winners, and  happily discovered last years choice,  Skin Effect  (by Dr. Jeffery Dover) Cell 2 Cell Anti-Aging Eye Cream,  targets and solves this problem, specifically.  I have used other Skin Effects products, (available at CVS nationwide, as well as online) and I have never once been disappointed.

In fact, I would even stick my eye neck out and recommend trying it...sight, unseen.

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're doing well. Just popped by to say a quick hello!

    Thanks for the heads-up, I'm checking Christine's blog out now and I like it as well.

    Katie for Ouidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie!
    Thanks for checking in! I had never thought of Prevention in the context of Beauty Products, but it makes perfect sense that they would be interested in the anti-aging category. So glad Christina posted this. It looks like a stellar list of affordable, effective products.

    xox,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...