The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just Padding Around

When I put out the A.P.B., that I was looking for effective anti-aging products for my body, I also heard from several companies that had developed some new offerings for the face.  I do love me some Glycolic Acid,  so I was excited about trying CANE+AUSTIN Retexturizing Pads, which uses pure pharmaceutical grade Glycolic Acid, derived from natural sugar cane.  I was nicely surprised to also received their Acne Treatment Pads.   If,  I had a teenage son at home, I could compare their effectiveness, with the Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads, that might be in the medicine cabinet.
I knew these products were developed by a Dermatologist, and just assumed  that Cane+Austin was a tag team Nope.  Just Austin.  Cane,  it turns out,  is not a partner.  Cane is a fibrous stalk.  Dr. Austin, is his own tag team.  Not only is he a brilliant, highly credentialed Professor and Dermatologist, he is also a Dermapathologist, a sub specialty that diagnoses skin disease at the cellular level.  What Dr. Austin observed, after more than 20 years of patient care, was that the glycolic peels  performed in his office, were the key to achieving youthful, healthy, beautiful skin and was effective in reversing sun damage.  As a result,  he created  the Retexurizing Treatment Pads as  a straight foward, easy, home maintenance routine for his patients. Now they are available for anyone to purchase, ( $60 for 60 pads, at Henri Bendel, select Nordstrom's and at their website above). 

Clinical results have proven, that after 28 days, of twice daily use,  87% saw a visible reduction in the appearance of wrinkles and saw an improvement in firmness, (yipee)!!!  70% saw a dramatic reduction in skin discoloration and 100% saw an increase in luminosity...nice!  I'm into my second week and my skin looks radiant.  I am also using them on my neck, chest and decollete.  Additionally, the pads are infused with vitamins A, C, E and CoQ10 to protect skin from free radical damage.  Compared to other glycolic pads I have tried, there is no unpleasant stinging or dryness after use.

The really nice surprise, was seeing how beautifully the Acne Treatment Pads, (also $60 for  60 pads)  worked on my son.  He is lucky to have good skin, with just an occasional flare up, (and I am lucky to be able to leech off of his Retin-A script), but I noticed a significant improvement in his skin tone and blackheads.   This is as close as I am ever going to get, to fulfilling my fantasy of having him go for regular teen facials.  Convenient, quick and effective...we are both pleased and he asked me if he can continue using them, when these run out. 

As far as I'm concerned,  I've gotten off cheap.  If he were a she, there would be make up, waxing, facials, blow-outs, highlights, manicures and pedicures to fund.  I'll give you 10 guesses what my answer was...and I will buying them for myself too...Hey, we are worth it.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...