The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Globes


OMG I don't know where to begin my dissection of the Golden Globes Fashion feast.

Let's start with the trends: Strapless (ad nauseum), One shoulder (ad nauseum), black (zzzzzzz), nude, important earrings, bare necks, jeweled and embellished gowns, short.

Let's continue with the sluts: Mariah Carey, Anna Pacquin, Olivia Wilde, and Jennifer Aniston flashing her pubic bone, (was that really necessary??? Brangelina were not even in attendance).

Kudos to the A-List-: Including Julianna Margulies (though I think she was having a Botox malfunction with her right eye), Jennifer Garner (though I think she was having Restylane malfunction with her upper lip), Kate Winslet, Reese Witherspoon (who is always pitch perfect, though I still cannot find out whose dress she was wearing despite exhaustive research), Ginnifer Goodwin in a short violet Vionnet, (which she rocked) with the sweetest short pixie hair cut, Toni Collette who looked beautiful, (for Toni Collette).

The J Team: As in Jane and Judy Jetson-Kate Hudson, January Jones, Chistina Aguilera, Anna Kendrick, Drew Barrymore (from the hip down). Out of this world...literally.

Curtain Calls- Shower and stage (caution: no smoking-- highly flammable materials) Julianne Moore, Rita Wilson, Elizabeth Moss, Heidi Klum, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, Fergie, Monique, Jennifer Goodman, Christina Hendricks (though her bosoms, hair and makeup were insanely beautiful), Amy Poehler and Calista Flockhart.

Girls, for the future: Miss Scarlet was the only one whoever made the curtain thing work.

The F List: As in what the "F" were you thinking??? Tina Fey
and Jessica Lange (both in the usually impeccable Zac Posen),Patricia Arquette, Cher, Diane Kruger, Marion Cotillard and Jane Adams. Pearls of Wisdom: Hire a stylist. If they are currently in your employ, fire the stylist.

One last bone to pick... I think she is an outstandingly talented actress, but, I will never understand Chloe Sevigny's long held fashion icon status. If any one out there thinks that greige Valentino was a knock out, 'splain it to me, won't you???

xox,
DD

4 comments:

  1. I loved Chloe Sevigny's dress! It was one of my favorites actually and I do believe she is a fantastic fashion icon. Original. Authentic and not easily copied.


    Helena
    www.myskin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena!
    You are absolutely right...she is fearless and original. Her persona is cool and she can pull a lot off...however, if anyone else tried to pull that dress off, they would have been mocked. At least she knows how to rock the attitude.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    Best,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate Winslet was wearing YSL - looked so lovely. I did like Marion Cotillard's dress though - that shade of green was to die for. Just not quite 100% sold on the lacy slip showing underneath, but other than that, I loved it. I agree with all your other picks and pans though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Kari, the color was divine and so is she! I liked it much better before I saw the still of the the lace slip...thought it looked a little contrived. I am tough tough tough! Glad we were on the same page otherwise!

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...