The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, October 9, 2009

FTC Regulations Regarding Bloggers


There has been a lot of buzz this week about the FTC's efforts to disclose Blogger compensation, as it may relate to truthfulness in product reviews.

I have touched on this subject before but I will reiterate a few points about how I review products on Divadebbi... Scout's honor.

1) If I purchase the product, (and I purchase plenty) you will hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

2) If I am participating in a TotalBeauty Sneak Peek, where I have received a product, you will hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Despite the relationship between cosmetics companies and TotalBeauty, we are always encouraged to report honestly, even if it is negative.(I have written some scathing reviews, ie. Loreal's Double Extend and Hip Kohl Liner, even though I generally like their products).

3) I do have relationships with Public Relations executives and associates, who may ask me to sample a product or whom I might ask to receive one from. Receipt of such, does not guarantee a review. Under these terms, if I receive a product and don't like it, I will not review it.

Below is the official document disclosing the nitty gritty of my (wished for) compensation:

This document is valid as of 09 October, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The views, reviews and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own, based on personal experience. Individual readers results may vary. I will only endorse products or services that I believe are worthy of such endorsement.

All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. Any links provided, as part of a review, are only for the benefit of the reader and are not advertorial.

The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. I do receive some free products and samples and I do not return them after use.

Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Please contact me at www.Debbio@richardsonline.com, with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...