The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

High Spirits


Well I finally got my day(s) in the sun---you know I have been whining endlessly about the demise of Spring, in the Northeast. After my Blog about my misadventures in a spray tanning booth, my darling pal Mayde took pity on me, texting two words, "book now", and so it was done...I was Boca bound and we did some "wining" of a different sort.

Mayde, is a N.Y., transplant, via marriage. Thankfully, it hasn't hampered her cutting edge style an iota. I can always count on her to enlighten me about something new and I try to do the same in kind. We dined and shopped in Del Ray and Boca, (where no signs of recession is in evidence) and new boobs and Botox, are worn like pave diamond, merit badges.

We lunched with her adorable daughter Phoebe, and got manicures, at Tipsy a combination nail salon and wine bar. Hehlooooooouu...., is this not genius??? Don't you want one too??? Spotless, relaxing, good music, great technicians, late hours and wine. There is nothing wrong with this equation...except, that they are not yet dotting the landscape like Dunkin Donuts. I chatted with the elegant owner, who graduated medical school, but opted instead, to open Tipsy, (which has two other Florida locations), with her three siblings. She is seriously, looking for investors to franchise, so if you are interested, call Beth Nyguen at 561-338-1095 and don't forget to tell her who sent you...

On Friday night, Mayde's son Morley, was playing in a championship Little League game, for the Del Ray Padre's. Having spent, at least, a quarter of my life in bleachers, I had no problem going to root them on. Let's start by saying, it's a lot more fun watching baseball, in shorts and flip flops, then a fur lined parka. Maybe it's the weather that is feeding the party spirit, but boy, those Boca Babes have us beat...We arrived to a full spread of charcuterie, fine cheeses, stuffed grape leaves, breads, and spreads. Too bad all that was missing was some wine to accompany it---or not...

Mayde, came equipped with, "The Wine Cube", available exclusively at Target. The Wine Cube, is an innovation that will earn its place, alongside all the biggies: electricity, the Constitution, cell phones and Google. We will scratch our collective heads and wonder, "how did we ever live with out it"??? What exactly is it? Portable, potable, perfection...wine, in a box. No, not of the 64 oz. Thunder bird variety, think Pinot Grigio in a resealable juice box. Also available in 8 packs: Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon/Shiraz. Let me assure you, The Wine Cube, brought a whole new meaning to cheering in the stands.

Believe me, when they add the sippy straws and reverse those old fashioned Blue Laws, in N.Y., I am all over this and the first round is on me. N.Y. we have got a lot of catching up to do...

xox,
Dd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...