The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, March 21, 2009

All a Twitter


The way we communicate these days continues to retrench...The only messages on my answering machine at home, are from thoughtful receptionists, reminding me of upcoming appointments...I almost barely remember to check.

My friend Ilissa left me a message the other day. "I have to apologize. I feel like the only time I call you lately is from CVS!!! By the way, thanks for recommending that Maybelline lipstick in, "Petal Attraction". I liked it so much, I went back and bought two more". "Let's catch up soon. Bye"!!!

Well that was revealing...I now know my friend is either a "hoarder", (which I get, we all been stung, by having products that we love, disappear into discontinued purgatory) or a stasher, (leaving things in strategic places, glove compartments, handbags and vanities), for quick retrieval. (I know, I know, "people who live in glass houses, should not throw stones")...

I called back her cell and reached voicemail, instead. "Don't worry. I know you love me, for me and not just my referrals. By the way...did you pick up the L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner I recommended??? Talk soon"!

Our next communication came, via text message. "Just got out of the shower!!! The lather was amazing and the conditioner smelled delicious". "Your the best" LOL :). Uh oh. Now I am wondering what her garage looks like... is she already stocking up??? Is an intervention looming???

Maybe I should leave Ilissa a message of concern on her Facebook Wall. Surely our mutual friends will chime in, if there really is a problem...I am hoping she doesn't Twitter back an answer, because that's where I draw the line...the allure, alludes.

I have a crazy idea. I am going to invite Ilissa to meet me for lunch. Face to face, without mechanical devices...Don't worry Iliss, I'll keep my BB on vibrate, just in case we don't recognize each other anymore.

xox,
Dd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...