The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Paging Dr. Denese- How I Discovered the Wonderful World of Ebay

I like the term "cosmeceutical". It was coined to describe the phenomenon of skin care products, created by well known Dermatologists. As a result, Drs. Wexler, Brandt and Perricone are like folk heroes to me.

In my Saks years, (read hefty discount), I had lunch with Dr. Nicholas V. Perricone, when he was first launching his pricey skin care line. I loved hearing about the science behind the potions in those glorious amber bottles. Dr. Perricone is a dead ringer for the actor Anthony La Paglia, (Without A Trace), except A.P.'s skin is better than N.P.'s, (doesn't he use his own stuff)? I knew Dr. Perricone really had arrived, when I stumbled on him doing a fundraising infomercial for PBS. Huckstering with the spirit of giving? I liked it. And so began one of my longest skin care honeymoons. Ahhhh....the smell of oranges and alpha lipoic acid, in the morning. But like so many skin care lines before it, I hit the wall at the 7 month mark. Where, did my glow,go?

Enter Dr. Denese, also a PBS celebutant. A Hungarian blond, of a certain age and a definite glow. I was so intrigued by what she was "teaching", instead of selling, that I actually took notes. Dr. Denese's skin care philosophy is backed up with a whole lotta science and boils down to 5 simple steps: 1) Cleanse 2) Tone 3) Exfoliate with glycolic acid 4) Apply a "serum" with a watery consistency to 5) Bind with an application of a "fatty" night creme. It all resonated well with me, and I still follow this regimen nightly, 2 years later.

Dr. Denese seemed not to care if you used her product, Olay's Regenerist, or Dr. Perricones, as long as you followed the sequence of her regime. This resonated well with me, since my goodie closet is the Zabar's of beauty. The only glitch was that 2 years ago, the ever popular "serum" was no where to be found, and glycolic acid pads are the black truffle of the beauty market. Where does she sell this stuff? Not at Saks, Sephora nor my beloved CVS. And then I had an epiphany. Ebay!!! I typed in "Dr. Denese", and up popped 667 listings! At that moment, my world was forever changed.

Stay tuned for part 2 of this blog, Steals and Deals.

xox,
Dd

2 comments:

  1. Chris will hate me for providing the answer.....qvc.com. MaryO in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh! Dr. D is a QVC girl...who would have thunk it? Still and all, I bet you cannot beat the prices on Ebay. It is a Keensian, supply and demand thing of beauty!
    I heart Ebay.

    xox,
    Dd

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...