The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Little Housekeeping

A couple of things...I think I may have figured out why some of you can post comments and some not...You need to have a Google account. It is easy to sign up for and it is free. If I can figure out a way around this, I will let you know. I appreciate your trying and your interest!!!

Second, since I posted about my own experiences with breast cancer ("Breast Assured", March 31). I have heard from so many people, and your reaching back means the world to me. I am honored to have been asked by a dear friend and client to speak about my experience, at her kick off breakfast for the Breast Cancer Alliance committee, on Tuesday. The Breast Cancer Alliance, is an extraordinary organization, whose mission is to, "fund innovative breast cancer research and promote breast health through education and community outreach". In 2008, they are committing 1.45 million dollars in grants! Bravo!!!

I have heard some scary stories in the last week. I cannot emphasize enough, the importance of being your own best advocate. Dr's. (particularly internists and gynecologists) are not E.T. or Superman/woman. They cannot tell from looking at or feeling a breast lump, if they are dealing with a benign situation. A dear friend who found a lump, was just told by her new internist to wait until July, for her mammogram and ultrasound! She is now going to be seen this week! I know how terrifying it is...but you must be brave, smart, assertive and proactive, not just about breast health, but your health in general. Your instincts are powerful. That little voice in your head is you. Listen up!

xox,
Dd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...